SIlent GMail notifications but audible calendar notifications?

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I recently had to uninstall the latest GMail updates and then re-install. I now no longer have the ability to silence Gmail without silencing the entire phone. I want phone calls, texts, and calendar but no GMail. Any ideas? I don't know what changed but I had it before. Thanks.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: SIlent GMail notifications but audible calendar notifications

Have you checked the notification settings for the Gmail inbox? My Gmail is silent, but gives me a status bar notification, and it does not affect the remainder of the phone.

Menu>more>settings> select account> select "labels to notify" > select inbox. Settings are there.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I can turn status bar notifications on or off but there is no mention of sounds in the GMail settings.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I can turn status bar notifications on or off but there is no mention of sounds in the GMail settings.

Did you follow all the way? Selecting "labels to notify" (bottom of the page) below "Email notifications" and then "Inbox" ? The sound settings are two steps past the general settings page.

maximme

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Have you checked the notification settings for the Gmail inbox? My Gmail is silent, but gives me a status bar notification, and it does not affect the remainder of the phone.

Menu>more>settings> select account> select "labels to notify" > select inbox. Settings are there.

thanks
THAT did the trick...
i wouldnt have found the answer otherwise.
its so well hidden
AAArgggghhhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty