Spoke with VZW Today about ICS and Bionic

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Called VZW today to replace my Bionic due to a Charging issue with the device. After informing (Tech Support Rep) aka the department that issues out replacement phones that my Bionic once plugged onto the charger it discharges. in order to get the battery to charge i have to do a "battery pull" at least twice. Last week I went into a VZW store thinking it was my extended battery had it replaced for a new one and still the same issue persist. After explaining this the Rep shipped out a replacement. He seemed pretty cool through out the conversation so I went ahead and asked about the Bionic and Android 4.0 and how upset I was that last week I read a post online that the list of Verizon phones to get ICS and the Bionic wasn't on that list mind you I also have a Xoom LTE so I threw that out there too!! so then he said hold on let me look, he didn't place me on hold i could hear him typing away i guess looking for the info on his end and he confirmed that the Bionic will be getting ICS indeed and so will the Xoom LTE be he didn't say when. let's see how much of this is true.......I wish i had something more solid to give you guys I tried!!!!!!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Called VZW today to replace my Bionic due to a Charging issue with the device. After informing (Tech Support Rep) aka the department that issues out replacement phones that my Bionic once plugged onto the charger it discharges. in order to get the battery to charge i have to do a "battery pull" at least twice. Last week I went into a VZW store thinking it was my extended battery had it replaced for a new one and still the same issue persist. After explaining this the Rep shipped out a replacement. He seemed pretty cool through out the conversation so I went ahead and asked about the Bionic and Android 4.0 and how upset I was that last week I read a post online that the list of Verizon phones to get ICS and the Bionic wasn't on that list mind you I also have a Xoom LTE so I threw that out there too!! so then he said hold on let me look, he didn't place me on hold i could hear him typing away i guess looking for the info on his end and he confirmed that the Bionic will be getting ICS indeed and so will the Xoom LTE be he didn't say when. let's see how much of this is true.......I wish i had something more solid to give you guys I tried!!!!!!

Motorola formally announced a while ago that the Bionic would get ICS, we don't know when. This didn't give me more info than we already know, except that Verizon is aware that they should be pushing an ICS at some point in the future to the Bionic.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
There was a post last week on AC that listed exactly what Verizon devices were allegedly getting ICS and the Bionic wasn't on that list. As far as Motorola I would'nt bank on there words according to them the Bionic was suppose to launch Jan 2011 and it didn't until Sep 2011. So when I spoke to vzw I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There was a post last week on AC that listed exactly what Verizon devices were allegedly getting ICS and the Bionic wasn't on that list. As far as Motorola I would'nt bank on there words according to them the Bionic was suppose to launch Jan 2011 and it didn't until Sep 2011. So when I spoke to vzw I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

The list wasn't exactly exact. It just put the updates against an actual schedule. The Bionic is still scheduled to get ICS. Verizon and Motorola haven't said otherwise.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

That was a list of devices that are getting ICS now. We are still waiting on the results from the soak test for .904, which is the current update we're getting. After this update, then the ICS update will be coming. That's the way it works, they have to prepare the phone for an update to ICS.

Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Except, you can upgrade and change your phone whenever you want. It's just a matter of how much you want to pay.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
VZ will let you swap phones as often as you like, at least in the past they had no problems when I bought a phone, new or used.

I started at VZ with a BB Tour and after several warranty replacements in a few weeks they swapped me out to a Storm (Brilliant idea on my part, huh?). After a year of nothing but grief I gave up on Blackberry and sold the last warranty replacement Storm. During this period I switched to a Treo 700 that a friend gave me. I used the Treo for about 3 weeks before I bought a used Droid 2 off ebay. I used the Droid 2 for a year before selling it on ebay and using my upgrade to get a Bionic a few weeks ago.

I expect to keep the Bionic for at least a year, and probably for 18 months. Right now I'm very happy with it and I think getting ICS will be like getting a free phone upgrade. At least if the ICS ROMs are any indication. It will be like getting a new phone.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You can upgrade after 20 months, so that would be about a year from now, if you bought Bionic day one.

..you can upgrade any time.

Let me rephrase then - you can upgrade at advertised, two year contract subsidized pricing after completing 20 months of a two year contract. You do not have to wait for the contract to end before getting subsidized pricing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1