3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I got one earlier today. It's going to suck going back to stock, losing root, losing safestrap and losing my ICS install, but I'm going to do it anyway. I wish there was some way to install it as my safe OS with safestrap, but so far I don't think it's possible consider it's probably going to be an OTA update that checks for root and frozen/missing APKs first. Oh well, it wasn't that hard to set up.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I got one earlier today. It's going to suck going back to stock, losing root, losing safestrap and losing my ICS install, but I'm going to do it anyway. I wish there was some way to install it as my safe OS with safestrap, but so far I don't think it's possible consider it's probably going to be an OTA update that checks for root and frozen/missing APKs first. Oh well, it wasn't that hard to set up.

I updated to the leaked .904 and it didn't break the current root methods. Just root using motofail. I'm not sure if the leaked version and the OTA are different, but there's a chance they aren't too different.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I expect to remain on rooted stockfor this update. I don't see any reason to unroot prior to the update.

You can do it, but when I installed the leak root didn't work, so I had to use motofail to re-root. It didn't take very long, so it wasn't a big deal.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The last one, 902, lasted all of 2 days and there was information all over the place. The Verizon support site docs haven't been updated yet to reflect that new software is coming. That usually seems to coincide with the soak test.

Let's face it. Information ALWAYS leaks somewhere, whether it be specs or pictures of an upcoming device, update information, or complete software. If this test is pulled off in complete "secret squirrel", then MOTO and Big Red will have accomplished something that NO ONE ELSE ever did.

I read today about soaks now in progress for 2 other Moto phones (one is the D3). They can't keep anything secret.

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
From previous soaks, the tested update has been released with a few days after the soak is complete (IF there are no major issues detected).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Generally, after they ask me, it has only been a few days until the download. Still waiting.

I was in the recent D3 soak test. After they originally contacted me to invite me to take part, I waited but never heard anything else; I figured that I was passed over for the test. However, about eight weeks later, I received the email that the soak was starting and the update was coming that morning - which it did.

The Bionic seems to be more actively supported than the D3, but I'd suggest that it may end up being a while before they are ready to test. Be patient.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
forget .904 just bring us ICS! Am I right? I'm not having any problems with my Bionic other than there's no ice cream sandwich.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
forget .904 just bring us ICS! Am I right? I'm not having any problems with my Bionic other than there's no ice cream sandwich.

I don't see not having ICS as a problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums