ROM
    Stock

Default .904?

Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Default Re: .904?

I got one earlier today. It's going to suck going back to stock, losing root, losing safestrap and losing my ICS install, but I'm going to do it anyway. I wish there was some way to install it as my safe OS with safestrap, but so far I don't think it's possible consider it's probably going to be an OTA update that checks for root and frozen/missing APKs first. Oh well, it wasn't that hard to set up.

ROM
    stock

Has anyone received the update?

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    I got one earlier today. It's going to suck going back to stock, losing root, losing safestrap and losing my ICS install, but I'm going to do it anyway. I wish there was some way to install it as my safe OS with safestrap, but so far I don't think it's possible consider it's probably going to be an OTA update that checks for root and frozen/missing APKs first. Oh well, it wasn't that hard to set up.
    I updated to the leaked .904 and it didn't break the current root methods. Just root using motofail. I'm not sure if the leaked version and the OTA are different, but there's a chance they aren't too different.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

I expect to remain on rooted stockfor this update. I don't see any reason to unroot prior to the update.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by beef5stew View Post
    I expect to remain on rooted stockfor this update. I don't see any reason to unroot prior to the update.
    You can do it, but when I installed the leak root didn't work, so I had to use motofail to re-root. It didn't take very long, so it wasn't a big deal.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

How's the soak test going? (insert sound of crickets here)
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    How's the soak test going? (insert sound of crickets here)
    Well if it did start, then we should find out in a week or so...

The last one, 902, lasted all of 2 days and there was information all over the place. The Verizon support site docs haven't been updated yet to reflect that new software is coming. That usually seems to coincide with the soak test.

Let's face it. Information ALWAYS leaks somewhere, whether it be specs or pictures of an upcoming device, update information, or complete software. If this test is pulled off in complete "secret squirrel", then MOTO and Big Red will have accomplished something that NO ONE ELSE ever did.

I read today about soaks now in progress for 2 other Moto phones (one is the D3). They can't keep anything secret.
    Last edited by Maddog241; 05-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

I was asked to be in the test, signed up, but no update yet!
    Cory

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I was asked to be in the test, signed up, but no update yet!
    Hmmm that's strange...

Soak Test start times are "fluid".
    Thanked by:
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

From previous soaks, the tested update has been released with a few days after the soak is complete (IF there are no major issues detected).
    Always learning ...

Generally, after they ask me, it has only been a few days until the download. Still waiting.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Maybe the leak unoffical soak test exposed a major flaw?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Also still waiting...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Also waiting....have been checking elsewhere and have not heard of anyone getting the update.

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Generally, after they ask me, it has only been a few days until the download. Still waiting.
    I was in the recent D3 soak test. After they originally contacted me to invite me to take part, I waited but never heard anything else; I figured that I was passed over for the test. However, about eight weeks later, I received the email that the soak was starting and the update was coming that morning - which it did.

The Bionic seems to be more actively supported than the D3, but I'd suggest that it may end up being a while before they are ready to test. Be patient.

forget .904 just bring us ICS! Am I right? I'm not having any problems with my Bionic other than there's no ice cream sandwich.
    WebOS Refugee likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    forget .904 just bring us ICS! Am I right? I'm not having any problems with my Bionic other than there's no ice cream sandwich.
    I don't see not having ICS as a problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    perkdog65 likes this.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    Amen to that. I like the Bionic a lot, but Android GB is definitely clunky compared to the WebOS from which I came.