05-07-2012 12:30 AM
- Hello all new to this device, been using for a week and so far my first week is going well. I have had thunderbolt and charge and both within first week gave me major issues. Is there anything i should expect with this device also any tips for increased performance would be appreciated05-06-2012 07:49 AM
- Lee_BoAndroid AddictWelcome to the addiction. You probably got the device at the best time. We're about to get the .904 update in preparation for ICS, but that probably won't happen until Q4 of this year at the earliest. This device had MAJOR issues when released but Moto and VZW have worked most of the bugs out. This is my 6th Android model (HTC Eris, HTC Incredible, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Thunderbolt, Moto Droid X2, Bionic) and the reason I didn't go with RAZR or GNex is because two things are important to me, removable SD card and removable battery. This phone has had (and still has some) issues, but overall I'm pleased with the device.05-06-2012 07:59 AM
- I've had nothing but good luck with mine, but I've only had it a few weeks. I haven't seen any reboots, data drops or any of the other common complaints with the Bionic, possibly because mine came with 902, which seems to have fixed most of the problems.
Battery life leaves something to be desired, but coming from the Tbolt and the Charge you'll be used to the battery life of a 4G phone. I use Tasker to keep BT, GPS and Wifi off when I don't need them and that helps a lot, but I still carry a spare charged battery with me.
One thing I do want to get is a Belkin 2.1 amp car charger, my standard 850 mah charger has trouble keeping up when I'm navigating and running a podcast or music though BT at the same time.
If you're looking for a good sturdy case (I'm hard on stuff), the Trident Aegis case is really excellent, I got mine from Amazon for $10. It adds bulk, but it really fits nice and protects the phone well.
I'm not a big fan of the stock car mounts, I drive an old Jeep and need something sturdier, so I've got a Ram mount with the X Grip device holder, works fine with the phone in the case or out, or with the stock battery or the 4000 mah battery. I've never had it come out.
I've rooted mine to get rid of the bloat and block some in app ads, but it worked fine without it. I also like to try alternate ROMs so rooting was a necessary evil for me.05-06-2012 02:06 PM
- I've had mine since about a week after launch (money issues or else I would have had it day one). I seem to be one of the lucky ones, I haven't had a single issue with the phone. It's been great the entire time I've had it. 4G connectivity at my school leaves something to be desired, but that's not a phone issue. The last updates have helped though, since I can now get 4G mostly everywhere without dropping. I'm currently running the CyanogenMod 9 ICS4Bionic ROM, but I have safestrap installed if I need to switch back to Gingerbread for any reason. I would suggest if you're interested in ICS to at least use safestrap and check it out, they've got some great ROMs right now. Only thing I really wish we had was hardware acceleration, but the phone works great without it, it's a great piece of hardware.05-06-2012 03:28 PM
- Yes i was thinking about rooting it but i bricked my old fascinate so im gonna go the stock route for a while. As far as 4 g i havent lost it once since i activated this device actually haven't lost service at all which was a lot better than the charge it would continually be searching for service the battery would be dead within 2 hours.05-06-2012 06:42 PM
- Yes i was thinking about rooting it but i bricked my old fascinate so im gonna go the stock route for a while. As far as 4 g i havent lost it once since i activated this device actually haven't lost service at all which was a lot better than the charge it would continually be searching for service the battery would be dead within 2 hours.05-07-2012 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD