Music app stops and freezes randomly

doodlebug1011

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon Droid Bionic I have had since September. My first Droid and I have loved it...until the last week or so. I go for long runs that I track using the Runkeeper app and I play the stock music player during those runs. Have done it for months with no problems. The last week or so, the music app will randomly stop (usually at the end of a song) and then freeze up. This not only stops the music but also the audible alerts that I get from the Runkeeper app as well. Basically all sound stops until I turn the phone off and back on since the music app is literally frozen and I can't do anything with it at that point but turn off the phone. Since I am tracking my run, this means I have to do without music for the rest of my run or stop my run and restart the phone. I haven't made any significant changes to anything on the phone recently and haven't changed any settings in the app recently. It does this with or witout the headphones in. Help if you can and thanks.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Droid Bionic I have had since September. My first Droid and I have loved it...until the last week or so. I go for long runs that I track using the Runkeeper app and I play the stock music player during those runs. Have done it for months with no problems. The last week or so, the music app will randomly stop (usually at the end of a song) and then freeze up. This not only stops the music but also the audible alerts that I get from the Runkeeper app as well. Basically all sound stops until I turn the phone off and back on since the music app is literally frozen and I can't do anything with it at that point but turn off the phone. Since I am tracking my run, this means I have to do without music for the rest of my run or stop my run and restart the phone. I haven't made any significant changes to anything on the phone recently and haven't changed any settings in the app recently. It does this with or witout the headphones in. Help if you can and thanks.

Hmmm strange. Try clearing the data for the app under manage apps?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me when I listen to podcasts using Listen but doesn't happen with Google Music.

doodlebug1011

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I got a chat going online w a Motorola Rep. after my original post and that is the same thing he suggested. I will see what happens when I run again tomorrow morning. I haven't had opportunity today to play music for an extended period to test it out. Thanks for the idea.

Macc52

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
It could be the strength of your signal. I switched over to the Raditaz music app and it seems to do a better job and It has a ton of music.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Try the Google Music app. I prefer it to the stock player - it looks better and supports streaming from your Google Music account if you have it set up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc