Task killers

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I know there is an on going dispute about task killers, looking for good answer is a task killer necessary for this device?

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread (2.3) has a built in task killer. In my experience, task killer apps only cause more issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread (2.3) has a built in task killer. In my experience, task killer apps only cause more issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hit the nail on the head. The only time you should "kill" an app is using force stop because it's not working.

Reactions: Johnly

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only time I use a Task Killer for is when I'm about to dock my Bionic in the lapdock.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to think task killers were the devil. The reason most OS have them built in is because we need control of our devices. I love killing apps sitting in the background useless. To hell with the analogy that it is like a group of college students at an overcrowded computer kiosk, and one student comes in killing another students task, not allowing him to finish his processes or remove his bags/code/cookies....so what if the OS is getting samurai, who cares if apps work together...just mass murder everything and watch the battery! LOL!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Task killers are for people that don't know a good app from a bad one. Many programs within android allow for good monitoring...I still think task killers are lame for all purposes. But I have great faith in android OS.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed...after multiple factory resets and headaches, I realized that many issues were due to the task killer in the first place...my push and notifications weren't being delivered....wonder why...oh, cause I went genocide on all the apps!!!! task killers are such a waste. They will kill your battery just because they are always open and you keep messing with stuff.

Reactions: Ry

kleinemaus19

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...after multiple factory resets and headaches, I realized that many issues were due to the task killer in the first place...my push and notifications weren't being delivered....wonder why...oh, cause I went genocide on all the apps!!!! task killers are such a waste. They will kill your battery just because they are always open and you keep messing with stuff.

Lol @ genocide.

I dont use a task killer either. Its pointless since theyre gonna return to running. No harm in letting it do its thing.

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to think the Android OS knows a lot better how to manage memory than some person who hacked together an app that lets you easily quit apps. The poorly designed apps that have memory leaks are the problem moreso than the OS. The OS will page out apps that haven't been used in a while to make room in RAM for apps that need it. I've never used a task killer and my battery life is always excellent, even when I have 100 apps installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463