Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default High Android OS %

    I spent considerable time looking through old posts, but never found the answer to this.

    The Android OS % in battery and data manager on my Bionic is WAY higher than my wife's Bionic. She gets much better battery life than I do. What causes the Android OS % to be at the top of the list in my Bionic and not hers?
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
  2. #2  
    cindylike24's Avatar

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

    Smile Re: High Android OS %

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    I spent considerable time looking through old posts, but never found the answer to this.

    The Android OS % in battery and data manager on my Bionic is WAY higher than my wife's Bionic. She gets much better battery life than I do. What causes the Android OS % to be at the top of the list in my Bionic and not hers?
    That is such a good question. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's noticed this on their Bionic. I'd like to find out the answer to this question too.

    Cindy
  3. #3  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    I spent considerable time looking through old posts, but never found the answer to this.

    The Android OS % in battery and data manager on my Bionic is WAY higher than my wife's Bionic. She gets much better battery life than I do. What causes the Android OS % to be at the top of the list in my Bionic and not hers?
    Well if it's the Android OS, it's often things that need to run through the OS that are taking up the usage. I'm not completely sure, but if you're on stock it should tell you if any of the Blur applications are causing the issue. I'm not sure if syncing is involved with the Android OS usage, but that could be part of the problem...Don't quote me, I don't know for sure, I'm just making an educated guess.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    Don't use the built in Task Manager to look at OS CPU percentage. It's WRONG. I've answered this question on two forums as I had the same complaint months ago. Use Android Assistant to view the OS percentage. Listen to me or forever be frustrated with the issue.

    Keep in mind I'm referring to the CPU percentage.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Don't use the built in Task Manager to look at OS CPU percentage. It's WRONG. I've answered this question on two forums as I had the same complaint months ago. Use Android Assistant to view the OS percentage. Listen to me or forever be frustrated with the issue.

    Keep in mind I'm referring to the CPU percentage.
    I sent you a PM about this subject. I'm trying to understand why my wife gets significantly better battery life, and the one thing that I have found that is radically different is the Android OS percentage in the battery usage stats. Mine is 20+% higher than hers.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
  6. #6  

    Default

    Yes i just downloaded weatherbug app and keep it running in my pull down notifications bar. Since doing this my android os % is through the roof however i am still getting 24+ hours of battery life. Are you seeing any decrease in battery life? Background apps running?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    That is what I find odd...Wife's Bionic gets better battery life on straight 4G than I can get on wi-fi. I have compared them side by side and the glaring difference is Android OS %. I've compared running services, apps, etc.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
  8. #8  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    That is what I find odd...Wife's Bionic gets better battery life on straight 4G than I can get on wi-fi. I have compared them side by side and the glaring difference is Android OS %. I've compared running services, apps, etc.
    Try to see what's waking your phone. Try the application over at XDA (There's an attachment of the .apk on the second post)
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    I tried the battery stats app but I was unable to understand how to make it work, and didn't have enough time at work to get through the information.

    I gave in and FXZ'd back to a fresh 902 install. I only reloaded a few apps that I absolutely need and that the Wife has in her Bionic also. So far, the Android OS % is back down as a very small % of the total instead of leading the list. I will slowly add apps back and try to isolate the culprit.

    I will also watch battery life now and see if it is improved as I suspect it will be.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
  10. #10  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    I tried the battery stats app but I was unable to understand how to make it work, and didn't have enough time at work to get through the information.

    I gave in and FXZ'd back to a fresh 902 install. I only reloaded a few apps that I absolutely need and that the Wife has in her Bionic also. So far, the Android OS % is back down as a very small % of the total instead of leading the list. I will slowly add apps back and try to isolate the culprit.

    I will also watch battery life now and see if it is improved as I suspect it will be.
    It's actually interesting using that better battery stats app. I found that music wakelocks like crazy (like it should). But other than that, there's not much that is draining my battery. I thought the Amazon App Store might be doing it, but alas it's working the correct way (although I do wish it would use a little less CPU than it does. It doesn't need to update the licensing that much
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: High Android OS %

    I noticed the same about the Amazon App Store a while back. I actually uninstalled it because of that, but all of your apps from there, including the free apps of the day, need Amazon App Store installed to run. So I am guessing it is checking the licensing every time you run an app that you got from them.

Posting Permissions

B