Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 5.9.905?

Has anyone else been prompted to install 5.9.905? I was so i told it to download but it doesn't look like anything is happening. When I go back into system updates it just tells me "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete." I think the download was about 45MB and it has been about 30 minutes so it should have downloaded by now (I'm on WiFi). I also rebooted and got the same message. Just curious is anyone else is seeing this or not.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: 5.9.905?

Quote Originally Posted by hullface View Post
    Has anyone else been prompted to install 5.9.905? I was so i told it to download but it doesn't look like anything is happening. When I go back into system updates it just tells me "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete." I think the download was about 45MB and it has been about 30 minutes so it should have downloaded by now (I'm on WiFi). I also rebooted and got the same message. Just curious is anyone else is seeing this or not.
    I'm not on stock . Best bet would be to check Rootzwiki and XDA and see if others have found it.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I'm on stock too.
    dra

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hullface View Post
    not yet and i'm on the leaked .504( not rooted).
    Last edited by dra; 05-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Nothing has been updated on the Verizon supprt docs yet.

Did it download?
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Are you a part of the Motorola Feedback Network?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Do not install it. It never downloaded and I couldn't get the download to go away. Had to do a factory reset. I am also not part of Motorola's feedback network. After the restore, the update no longer shows up.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

I got the invite to the soak test and I've been checking several times a day and nada. Not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping they called it off realizing that 902 works fine and are putting their effort into getting ICS out to us poor, lonely Bionic owners.

Hey, I can hope, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    Not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping they called it off realizing that 902 works fine and are putting their effort into getting ICS out to us poor, lonely Bionic owners.
    I wouldn't say 902 works fine, I still lose my 4G data without it failing over to 3G at least 3 times a week, for no good reason. It's great to see the blue 4G icon with 4 bars and not be able to connect to any data. Not that I don't want ICS, but I'd rather have a reliable data connection.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I haven't got the notification yet, but I personally wait until after it's pushed out to everyone and wait about a week to read how it's performing before installing.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    I got the invite to the soak test and I've been checking several times a day and nada. Not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping they called it off realizing that 902 works fine and are putting their effort into getting ICS out to us poor, lonely Bionic owners.

Hey, I can hope, can't I?
    .904 is great, I've had great reception and such, even on CM9. They have to prepare the kernel to be updated to ICS, so they HAVE to release a prepatory update first.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

ROM
    Eclipse 2.1/Rooted .608

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    .904 is great, I've had great reception and such, even on CM9. They have to prepare the kernel to be updated to ICS, so they HAVE to release a prepatory update first.
    Let's not forget that on phones with unlocked bootloaders, people can swap kernels easier than they can swap shoes. So I have no idea what you're talking about with "preparing the kernel for ICS"?

If Motorola drops in an ICS upgrade, it's going to bring a completely different kernel because ICS was a major overhaul. If they really wanted to they could update .886 or .893 direct to ICS. The 5.9.904 update does a small update to the radio, fixes a few bugs, and adds a bit more bloatware.
    tbssawd07 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by projektorboy View Post
    Let's not forget that on phones with unlocked bootloaders, people can swap kernels easier than they can swap shoes. So I have no idea what you're talking about with "preparing the kernel for ICS"?

If Motorola drops in an ICS upgrade, it's going to bring a completely different kernel because ICS was a major overhaul. If they really wanted to they could update .886 or .893 direct to ICS. The 5.9.904 update does a small update to the radio, fixes a few bugs, and adds a bit more bloatware.
    From what I've heard they have to prepare SOMETHING for an update to ICS. I supposed it was the kernel, but I'm not an expert on the very details of the Android OS.

Looks like 5.9.905 has made its way out into the wild. I read somewhere else that it was found via cheesecake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.9.905?-shot_000001.jpg  

It probably disabled GSM or something unfair like that...

I am on the Motorola feedback network but never received an update.
    I went back to stock .902 in order to get the update, got tired of waiting and loaded .905.
    (Rooted with Motofail)

From what I understand the only change is a radio update to improve the 3G/4G transition(s) and improve battery life.
    So far so good.

905 is official now

That's all the update does?? Checked stil not available on my end yet

ROM
    AOKP JB

I've been on the .905 leak. Anyone know if the leak is any different from the final release?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    I've been on the .905 leak. Anyone know if the leak is any different from the final release?
    If the version numbers are the same, then they are identical. It is my understanding that if anything is altered, changed, tweaked, etc. then the build will have a different number.

It should be rolling out very soon.

I just got the OTA notification. Downloading now
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

I just updated to 905.

ROM
    Stock 905, Rooted

Yup, updated as well via OTA prompt.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Looking good so far. Gonna go test it out at E3.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast