Picture of Eclipse- Taken with the Bionic!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Mid Utah, and we just went through a rare solar eclipse visible from USA. I don't know where else in the country it was visible from, but I was actually able to get some shots of it from my BIONIC!

I know there is a thread that is just for pictures done by the Bionic, but this one is pretty cool that it worked, so here's a spanking new thread.

To get this picture to work, I tried a few things. First, I tried to just take it! Yeah, that failed. So, I thought, I will put my sunglasses in front of the camera and see what happens. That didn't work, but it got me a step closer. So, I grabbed a bunch of sunglasses I found in the house, popped out the lenses and put them stacked together. It was actually difficult to trick the focus into doing it for me, but I was all the way zoomed in and it finally took exactly what I wanted and Poof, there it was. I got a couple, but this was the best. I actually used my good camera with the same sunglasses stack and got some good results over there too.

I need a filter!

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
That looks like what I saw up here in WA on the olympic peninsula.

I used a welders helmet to watch. Pretty incredible

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Nice images. I'll have to find the one I took a few months ago on a clear night with a full moon. I was goofing around with my Bionic and a pair of binoculars and got a really nice photo of the moon.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I took a few pictures of the moon through a telescope. I don't remember if it was with the Bionic or the Fascinate, but I did some with a phone.