Is this the end of Bionic?
06-13-2012 07:36 PM
- Neither Motorola nor Verizon likes having the Bionic around as a testimony to the utter, absolute hash they made of its release. That said, for the few thousand of us who actually own the phone (I do, and I like it), tossing us a bone with ICS wouldn't result in any more bad press than has already been generated, and might actually go a ways toward creating a pool of happier customers for the Next Big Thing, whenever it emerges.
Once the upgrade from this clunky 2.3.4 Gingerbread to something more akin to the WebOS from which I came is complete, I anticipate staying with this phone until I see a few new generation-defining features emerge. By that I do not mean externals like thinner and lighter, or even better screens: I'm thinking more along the lines of a reduction in radio count by moving to voice over LTE, maybe a phaseout of CDMA in favor of GSM so that all phones will be carrier-neutral and world-enabled, that sort of thing.05-28-2012 12:00 PM
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk05-28-2012 08:36 PM
- 05-28-2012 10:41 PM
- 05-29-2012 02:27 PMLike 3
- Spent $600 opening day for bionics for the wife and I, stink that its free now but that's the way cell phones always go always outdated the next month.. All in all it does what I need it for. Once they updated and got all the data drops fixed I've been happy with the phone05-29-2012 03:36 PM
- 05-29-2012 05:34 PM
- 05-29-2012 05:53 PM
As always, it could be worse. I paid $300 for the stupid thing when it was released and then suffered from the sub-par software for months before they finally fixed a lot of issues and made it stable. That's the last time I'm going to pay to be a phone tester.05-29-2012 06:57 PM
PS: I am a former bionic owner, hence the reason I am listing in this forum.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk05-29-2012 07:39 PM
Edit: Sweet, they were able to refund the difference with no wait.05-30-2012 07:06 AM
- 05-31-2012 12:37 AMLike 3
- I got mine free 2 weeks ago from Radio Shack's website.
I thought it was a good phone to start on Verizon with for a few months. I actually like it more than I thought I would(I still miss my Evo though), except for a couple issues that I'm going to Verizon about today.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC05-31-2012 09:40 AM
- ArelundeTECHFAN06-08-2012 07:03 PM
And, unless you bought a Nexus, or are one of a lucky few, we're all still waiting for ICS. That's not a problem that's specific to the Bionic or Motorola, it's just the way it is. JBQ at Google has stated publicly that 6-8 months is the norm after Google releases a new version of Android before before the manufacturers and carriers start rolling out upgrades.06-09-2012 11:25 AM
- The other WebOS diehard in our household has just ordered a BIONIC as well. This one was free, where mine was $30 (each with a 2-year renewal, keeping unlimited data). Mine is working well and I expect that the new one will perform similarly. We'll both feel more at home on the device when ICS brings us some of that Matias Duarte goodness to which we've grown so accustomed, but GB is adequate for the moment.06-09-2012 11:35 AM
- RyModerator CaptainThere's not a single phone that I can recall that came to market without bugs. If you don't believe that read the HTC One X forums. They're all buggy when new. And I've had both the DX, DX2 as well as 2 Bionics in my family and there's no doubt in my mind that the Bionic is a far superior device to both the DX and DX2. My God, the DX2 was a disaster when it first released.
And, unless you bought a Nexus, or are one of a lucky few, we're all still waiting for ICS. That's not a problem that's specific to the Bionic or Motorola, it's just the way it is. JBQ at Google has stated publicly that 6-8 months is the norm after Google releases a new version of Android before before the manufacturers and carriers start rolling out upgrades.
Until not having ICS keeps me from getting the apps that I need and the games that I want, I'm not too concerned about only being on Gingerbread.06-09-2012 12:18 PM
- ArelundeTECHFAN06-13-2012 06:38 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
Is this the end of Bionic?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD