Question about inductive charging

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought the inductive charging cover and the energizer qi single port. It chargers and works fine, but on the instructions it says the energizer blue led light will turn off once device is fully charged, but on mine even tho the phone says its charged the light stays on. Now is this because the bionic stopped charging the batter and is now using the qi as a power source to prevent over charging or is something wrong with my mat?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i went to the energizer site. cant find any mention of a product for the bionic. does the cover make the phone even more bulky than it already is with the extended battery? how long does it take to charge? where did you find it? how much?

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Energizer doesn’t make the cover, verizon does it is in their accessories page for the phone. i think it retails for 39 but i snagged it on ebay for 10... i bought the energizer qi pad by itself off amazon.. it all works fine but its only available for the regular battery. And as far as thickness goes take the stock battery cover and where it slopes down after the camera, eliminate the slope. its all the same thickness. and it takes about the same time as a wall charger maybe a slight bit longer, from 10% took about 2 hrs to fully charge.

Reactions: 1812dave

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Does the pad beep at any time? I stayed away from the inductive setup that you have because I thought I remembered reading a review that said the pad beeped when you put it on or took the phone off

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm just happy to hear that someone got it more or less working. Coming from WebOS, I was of course excited about a product that seemed like it was supposed to emulate the Touchstone. Such was, alas, not to be -- the charger made all the right noises and flashed all the proper lights, but couldn't keep up with the phone's discharge rate even at idle. Had to send it back :( ...

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
no the pad does not beep at all, just has the blue led light which i realized does turn off but once the phone discharges a little bit it kicks back in which isnt a bad thing. but all it does is blue light on when charging blue light off when done, the Verizon one beeps like Morse code but the energizer qi is the way to go...its more of a novelty i mean its cool, do i need it no, but it is some futuristic stuff. But the energizer one chargers my phone exactly the same as my wall charger.

Last edited:

chewy99

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Anybody try this set up? Will this work if my phone has a otterbox defender case? Not my pic but I'm thinking of buying this.

Attachments

• $T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYnSBQlW6l,pB!~~48_20.JPG
    $T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYnSBQlW6l,pB!~~48_20.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 41