Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Ya.. No memory card but last phone I got last week they sent me one separate... I don't understand the while bionic 2 thing... Doesn't seem ne diff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Droid bionic 2

They sent me literally nothing but the phone. Not even the back cover. Seems to be working. Let's hope nothing else dies.

Refurbished phones come with just the phone. No battery, no cover, sim or sd card. I know this well, went through 3 of them before getting my Maxx....

Oh wonderful. That's encouraging news. Well this is number 1. Sadly I took very good care of my Bionic since day 1 and the backlight on the screen died. This refurb better last.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Oh wonderful. That's encouraging news. Well this is number 1. Sadly I took very good care of my Bionic since day 1 and the backlight on the screen died. This refurb better last.
    I got a refurb Bionic in December and it is still fine--certainly better than the lousy launch-day new Bionic I got 3 months earlier--that sucker never could hang on to a 4G signal.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    I got a refurb Bionic in December and it is still fine--certainly better than the lousy launch-day new Bionic I got 3 months earlier--that sucker never could hang on to a 4G signal.
    My original and I went through some really hard times together. When all the techniques were being developed to get back to the OTA path from a leaked release, we were there doing our part. sniff sniff. I even bricked it and tested a method for unbricking it which is one of the standard ways to restore a bionic now. (Thank you Timmy wherever you are!) However, I should have known something was up. For the past few weeks it was getting dim. I'd power it off, power it on, and it'd be fine for a while. I THOUGHT it was the brightness sensor so I set a manual brightness on Sunday. That's when it decided it had had enough and the backlight completely died. Other than that, the phone had been rock solid. I genuinely hope this one holds out until I'm ready to replace it. I'm personally tempted by the rumors of the nexus phones maybe being released in November with JB on them. The bionic is not getting much love these days. It'll be September before we even see ICS. While I like the phone, I've learned my lesson about locked phones and want something a bit more open. But we'll see.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

well im actually goin on my 3rd phone from asurion in 2 weeks after today... they are finally sending me a brand new phone and not a refurbished. Both times they sent me a phone the bottom front of the phone where the buttons are was peeling up.. i could literally stick my finger nail in the space n start peeling the cover up... rediculous... they just told me they are sending me a brand new phone...

also about accessories i got with each refurbished phone... first one i received a 16g memory card, wall charger, battery and back, second phone i received a wall charger, car charger, battery and a back

this time i assume ill get whatever comes with the motorola packged bionic... these accessories are the least they could do for all the nonsense you have to go through to get a decent working phone

Man and all I got was a working phone. hehehe. No accessories at all. Just the phone itself.

I got my replacement droid bionic today from
    asurion and they sent me the new droid bionic 2, i did the update on the new bionic 2 and it upgraded its self to the new ics 4.0.4 / version 6.7.233.xt875.verizon.en.us. sweet i like the new ice cream on my new droid bionic 2. from: Monroe, Louisiana
    0 EditReplyShare

Um what? It updated itself to what version??

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

So I got my replacement today. Regular old hardware revision A bionic. Seems to be working fine so I guess I'm good. My last backup was from February though. Sucks to be me today. LOL
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,039 Global Posts

Um what? It updated itself to what version??

Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    My original bionic bought in September completely failed one month later. It was the same way. It never could hold a data connection. The refurb I received has been pretty solid. I have some connectivity issues at work these days but I think it's signal related.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Exclamation Re: Droid bionic 2

promised a bionic 2 -- just got sent a razr instead.
    opportunity, or send it back and get this mythical bionic 2 instead?

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by rednaxela64 View Post
    promised a bionic 2 -- just got sent a razr instead.
    opportunity, or send it back and get this mythical bionic 2 instead?
    There is no such phone and likely never will be. Motorola's marketing on the Verizon network is completely centered on the RAZR.
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    There is no such phone and likely never will be. Motorola's marketing on the Verizon network is completely centered on the RAZR.
    I thought the same thing, but have seen enough reports to believe the Bionic 2 exists. That being said, it isn't being sold. It has only been given out by Asurion. My purely speculative guess is that Motorola started manufacturing it and then VZW (or Google) said no more. So the ones that got built were sent to Asurion to be used as replacements.

As far as I understand it's nothing more than a regular bionic without the sdcard.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Moto X Developer Edition
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,039 Global Posts

As far as I understand it's nothing more than a regular bionic without the sdcard.

Ditto.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

That'd be more like a DROID BIONIC 0.5, if naming conventions made any sense ...

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Refugee View Post
    That'd be more like a DROID BIONIC 0.5, if naming conventions made any sense ...
    Fair enough. But it is Moto.

What version of the razr did you get? My bionic landed in some rocks, breaking the screen. I received the replacement bionic on friday and it's a freakshow. Emailed asurion and immediately got a call from the CEO's office offering apologies and the promise of a brand new razr.

Just got an email saying it shipped and i'll get it tomorrow, but wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

pic please
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12