Droid bionic 2

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, did Motorola upgrade the memory in the Bionic "2" or did they just cut costs and stopped including the memory card. I ordered mine on leap day and it shipped without one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, did Motorola upgrade the memory in the Bionic "2" or did they just cut costs and stopped including the memory card. I ordered mine on leap day and it shipped without one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

They just stopped including the memory card.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I got my replacement today. Regular old hardware revision A bionic. Seems to be working fine so I guess I'm good. My last backup was from February though. :'( Sucks to be me today. LOL

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya.. No memory card but last phone I got last week they sent me one separate... I don't understand the while bionic 2 thing... Doesn't seem ne diff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They sent me literally nothing but the phone. Not even the back cover. Seems to be working. Let's hope nothing else dies.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh wonderful. That's encouraging news. Well this is number 1. Sadly I took very good care of my Bionic since day 1 and the backlight on the screen died. This refurb better last.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh wonderful. That's encouraging news. Well this is number 1. Sadly I took very good care of my Bionic since day 1 and the backlight on the screen died. This refurb better last.

I got a refurb Bionic in December and it is still fine--certainly better than the lousy launch-day new Bionic I got 3 months earlier--that sucker never could hang on to a 4G signal.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got a refurb Bionic in December and it is still fine--certainly better than the lousy launch-day new Bionic I got 3 months earlier--that sucker never could hang on to a 4G signal.

My original and I went through some really hard times together. When all the techniques were being developed to get back to the OTA path from a leaked release, we were there doing our part. sniff sniff. :) I even bricked it and tested a method for unbricking it which is one of the standard ways to restore a bionic now. (Thank you Timmy wherever you are!) However, I should have known something was up. For the past few weeks it was getting dim. I'd power it off, power it on, and it'd be fine for a while. I THOUGHT it was the brightness sensor so I set a manual brightness on Sunday. That's when it decided it had had enough and the backlight completely died. Other than that, the phone had been rock solid. I genuinely hope this one holds out until I'm ready to replace it. I'm personally tempted by the rumors of the nexus phones maybe being released in November with JB on them. The bionic is not getting much love these days. It'll be September before we even see ICS. While I like the phone, I've learned my lesson about locked phones and want something a bit more open. But we'll see.

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
well im actually goin on my 3rd phone from asurion in 2 weeks after today... they are finally sending me a brand new phone and not a refurbished. Both times they sent me a phone the bottom front of the phone where the buttons are was peeling up.. i could literally stick my finger nail in the space n start peeling the cover up... rediculous... they just told me they are sending me a brand new phone...

also about accessories i got with each refurbished phone... first one i received a 16g memory card, wall charger, battery and back, second phone i received a wall charger, car charger, battery and a back

this time i assume ill get whatever comes with the motorola packged bionic... these accessories are the least they could do for all the nonsense you have to go through to get a decent working phone

CHRISW115

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement droid bionic today from
asurion and they sent me the new droid bionic 2, i did the update on the new bionic 2 and it upgraded its self to the new ics 4.0.4 / version 6.7.233.xt875.verizon.en.us. sweet i like the new ice cream on my new droid bionic 2. from: Monroe, Louisiana
0 ?Edit?Reply?Share ?

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

My original bionic bought in September completely failed one month later. It was the same way. It never could hold a data connection. The refurb I received has been pretty solid. I have some connectivity issues at work these days but I think it's signal related.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan