Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid bionic 2

does ne1 have any info on it? I just ordered a replacement phone from asurion and they told me they were out of bionics but could send me a bionic 2. I asked what the difference was and the asurion agent told me its pretty much same phone upgraded with a better camera and screen resolution. Ne1 hear anything else about it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Lol no such phone out or coming out soon.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

just repeating what I was told ..I guess I'll see what it is tom or sat. I haven't seen any info on it besides it showing up in asurions system.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Default Re: Droid bionic 2

The only real proof would be to look and see if Motorola is releasing the Razr super duper 2.5 two months after.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Uh. Lol.

Could it be the Bionic that shipped without the pre-installed microSD card?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    The only real proof would be to look and see if Motorola is releasing the Razr super duper 2.5 two months after.
    It's been months since the release of the Bionic followed by the Razr. Get over it and enjoy the phone you have!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I honestly have no clue. When the asurion agent said they were out of the bionic so they were upgrading me to bionic 2 I was skeptical and questioned him but he told me what I mentioned above... There is no info anywhere on internet or of ne1 having one... Like I said I'll see if there is ne difference when I get it

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    It's been months since the release of the Bionic followed by the Razr. Get over it and enjoy the phone you have!
    Ah, don't get me wrong, I am actually very happy w/my Bionic in fact given the choice I would not change to the RAZR.

Now having said that, where Moto needs to improve to is to perhaps adopt a more Apple-like approach to how they manage phones. What I mean by that is this:
    1. Slow down the releases, plan the releases slower and more carefully. Rushing other devices out to make a quick buck and not supporting said devices (and locking to bootloader to add insult) is a turnoff.
    2. Better support for existing devices, there is no reason why phones like the Droid X2 need to be so neglected. Is there a GOOD reason why MotoActions isn't on the Bionic yet? Is there a GOOD reason why MotoPrint isn't on my Wife's Droid X2?

My response was sarcastic though not in a way of complaining about the hardware I have but how Moto has handled it post-release.

In spite of that, I still remain a fan of Motorola cell phones. Case in point these are all the phones I've had since I've started carrying cell phones:
    StarTac 7600
    StarTac 7868
    T720
    V710
    KRZR
    RAZR 2
    Droid 1
    Bionic
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

@OP,

What'd you end up getting from them? The reason I ask is my backlight on the screen just died today and I have to get mine replaced. They're shipping me out a new one tomorrow. I wonder if they're talking about the revision B Bionic hardware?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Just got it today but the model on back says droidbio2 ..charging it up now here is a Pic I covered the meid n FCC id dunno if people could do nething with those numbers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid bionic 2-uploadfromtaptalk1340051432213.jpg  

Uh, huh. Fascinating. Thanks for the pic. I'll get mine tomorrow so we'll see what I get.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Ya I haven't noticed anything much diff... Let me know wat u think... Screen seems more vibrant but noting crazy

Did it ship with 905?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

No I had to update it but it loaded up as soon as I went to system updates.. doesnt seem much different overall but haven't played with anything much yet

Great. Thanks for the info. I'm a bit upset about mine since I had updated to 905 and hadn't gotten around to running a nandroid. SIGH. So that sucks.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Just switching phones in general sucks having to re-download everything... This is my third time in 2 Weeks cause asurion sucks sometimes

That doesn't inspire confidence. sigh
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Did it ship without a memory card?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

They told me that I'd be taking my memory card, battery, sim card, and even back cover off my old one and shipping just the naked phone back without all that.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts

there were 2 bionic's released, one with a memory card, one without...the one with the "2" at the end was the one without the memory card
    Thanked by:

Well isn't that a good time!
    hilbili likes this.

Just out of curiosity, did Motorola upgrade the memory in the Bionic "2" or did they just cut costs and stopped including the memory card. I ordered mine on leap day and it shipped without one.

Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgeek703 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did Motorola upgrade the memory in the Bionic "2" or did they just cut costs and stopped including the memory card. I ordered mine on leap day and it shipped without one.

They just stopped including the memory card.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Imagine that....:rolleyes:

So I got my replacement today. Regular old hardware revision A bionic. Seems to be working fine so I guess I'm good. My last backup was from February though. Sucks to be me today. LOL
    JJSat10 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast