Droid bionic 2

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
does ne1 have any info on it? I just ordered a replacement phone from asurion and they told me they were out of bionics but could send me a bionic 2. I asked what the difference was and the asurion agent told me its pretty much same phone upgraded with a better camera and screen resolution. Ne1 hear anything else about it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
just repeating what I was told ..I guess I'll see what it is tom or sat. I haven't seen any info on it besides it showing up in asurions system.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Uh. Lol.

Could it be the Bionic that shipped without the pre-installed microSD card?

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I honestly have no clue. When the asurion agent said they were out of the bionic so they were upgrading me to bionic 2 I was skeptical and questioned him but he told me what I mentioned above... There is no info anywhere on internet or of ne1 having one... Like I said I'll see if there is ne difference when I get it

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's been months since the release of the Bionic followed by the Razr. Get over it and enjoy the phone you have!

Ah, don't get me wrong, I am actually very happy w/my Bionic in fact given the choice I would not change to the RAZR.

Now having said that, where Moto needs to improve to is to perhaps adopt a more Apple-like approach to how they manage phones. What I mean by that is this:
  1. Slow down the releases, plan the releases slower and more carefully. Rushing other devices out to make a quick buck and not supporting said devices (and locking to bootloader to add insult) is a turnoff.
  2. Better support for existing devices, there is no reason why phones like the Droid X2 need to be so neglected. Is there a GOOD reason why MotoActions isn't on the Bionic yet? Is there a GOOD reason why MotoPrint isn't on my Wife's Droid X2?

My response was sarcastic though not in a way of complaining about the hardware I have but how Moto has handled it post-release.

In spite of that, I still remain a fan of Motorola cell phones. Case in point these are all the phones I've had since I've started carrying cell phones:
StarTac 7600
StarTac 7868
T720
V710
KRZR
RAZR 2
Droid 1
Bionic

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
@OP,

What'd you end up getting from them? The reason I ask is my backlight on the screen just died today and I have to get mine replaced. They're shipping me out a new one tomorrow. I wonder if they're talking about the revision B Bionic hardware?

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got it today but the model on back says droidbio2 ..charging it up now here is a Pic I covered the meid n FCC id dunno if people could do nething with those numbers

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya I haven't noticed anything much diff... Let me know wat u think... Screen seems more vibrant but noting crazy

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
No I had to update it but it loaded up as soon as I went to system updates.. doesnt seem much different overall but haven't played with anything much yet

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Great. Thanks for the info. I'm a bit upset about mine since I had updated to 905 and hadn't gotten around to running a nandroid. SIGH. So that sucks.

finny1333

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just switching phones in general sucks having to re-download everything... This is my third time in 2 Weeks cause asurion sucks sometimes

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did it ship without a memory card?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They told me that I'd be taking my memory card, battery, sim card, and even back cover off my old one and shipping just the naked phone back without all that.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
there were 2 bionic's released, one with a memory card, one without...the one with the "2" at the end was the one without the memory card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781