BIONIC boot loop after 5.9.905 OTA?

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
One of the BIONICs in the household took the OTA just fine (well, it lost root, but that was easily restored with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper). The other one, put in service two days ago, is stuck in a boot loop. Forcing down by pulling the battery and dissipating any residual charge by pressing the power button (does that really do anything?) has no effect: as soon as it comes up it goes right back into the loop. Given that this is a new release, what are the recovery options?

ETA: booting into Recovery gets as far as selecting Recovery, then the screen pops up the following error:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.61

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG HAB (CB: recovery, status: 0X0035)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I got a boot loop this morning after a power cycle because the phone seemed to be extremely laggy. First reboot resulted in a loop. I pulled the battery, SD and SIM cards, put them all back in and powered on. Been running fine ever since.

Reactions: WebOS Refugee

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't tried the SIM card remove-and-reseat trick before (this one doesn't have an additional SD card yet). Not sure whether it was that or just sitting in power-off charge mode overnight that got the BIONIC past the panic point, but it came up fine just now. One more for the Bag-o-Tricks.

I can't determine at the moment whether it's on .902 or .905 (don't know the unlock pattern), but I'll hand it off to its owner in an hour or two and get a better handle on where we're at. We'll probably also stop by Fry's to pick up an SD card, then get set up with Titanium Backup and Dropbox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey