1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HOLO Launcher

I just had to write a quick note about this launcher.
    Installed yesterday on my recently un rooted phone due to a problem with no 4G signal. I decided to keep the phone un rooted until we get ICS and had no problem using MotoBlur.
    Then I saw this launcher listed in the Editors Apps for June 16th and decided to install HOLO Launcher and it is great. Totally customizable and you get a taste of ICS. No root needed and its free. Just thought I would give a heads up on this one in case you haven't heard about it and want to try something new without needing to root your phone.
    Rockin The Moto X

Default Re: HOLO Launcher

I had it on my maxx and after a few days it started causing the phone to freeze and lag like crazy. Also in landscape would make icons get cut off on the screen.

Tried using in on my Epic touch . Scrolling wasn't smooth enough for me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Haven't had any of those issues or any other issues. Maybe it depends on the phone and whether your rooted or not. All I can say is on my un rooted Bionic it is flawless but I will watch for those issues as sometimes it happens down the road.
    Rockin The Moto X

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by anicholas7 View Post
    Haven't had any of those issues or any other issues. Maybe it depends on the phone and whether your rooted or not. All I can say is on my un rooted Bionic it is flawless but I will watch for those issues as sometimes it happens down the road.
    Being rooted doesn't affect performance unless you use the permissions to install apps that can hinder performance. I heard Holo launcher is great, I was thinking about trying out Apex, as I didn't really like Nova too much (other than a few little customization things they added...). Trebuchet works great though for anyone on CM9.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I ran it for about a week and then my phone got really laggy. Did a battery pull and very laggy. Uninstalled and the lag went away.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

maybe it depends on the number of widgets, shortcuts and apps installed on the phone. i installed it yesterday and i havent seen any issues as of yet.

I have it, its cool (S5570)

ROM
    2.6.35.7-Gingerbread.EL30

Default Notifications do not work using Holo Launcher Plus

Can someone help me?
    I am using Holo Launcher Plus with Holo Notifier and my "Unread Count" notifications only works for text messages (SMS).
    My Samsung Epic 4G does not display nofications for Gmail, Yahoo email, Outlook email, or even phone calls.

I checked my Holo Notifier settings and enabled (checked) each option and selected the corrersponding apps (Phone app, Gmail app, etc.).
    Only my SMS text messages display a notification in Holo Launcher Plus.

My phone is the Samsung Epic 4G running Android 2.3.6 (GB).

Thank You for your help.

My email is,