ICS Leaked ROM Camera... How is it?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone give me a break down on how the Camera is working. Multi-shooting, focusing, color depth, things like that if you don't mind. Also, lag when shutter is pressed and other.

Also, if anyone sees or makes a good video walk through of the ICS I would love to see it. I am really just too chicken to install the ROM on my phone.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You can look through the Razr one, it's the same one as we have one the Bionic. Motorola put up some videos.
The camera works just fine, much better than the gingerbread version I can assure you.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Way back when... when the Bionic came out, and then the RAZR (so many are still so mad about this and it cracks me up), one of the things that people were upset about was that the RAZR had a better camera. I know the Bionic's Camera has increased performance as the updates have gone by, but with the hardware not changing, I'm not feeling confident in the comparison between the RAZR camera and the Bionic's.

I'm going to go look around and see what was written about the RAZR's camera, but if someone on the leak would give the camera a good go for a little bit, that would be excellent.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The ICS leak is not a rom.....it is the entire operating system.....it is not based on Gingerbread at all.....it has a new kernel and the processor speed has gone from 1.0 to 1.2.....the camera seems better.....don't seem to have the lag that gb had.....overall I'm glad I installed the leak.....only thing that is odd is that when I download a new app I get a message telling me I have no more room on the home screen.....does nothing else funny that I can think of.....phone is ten times better now.......

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been on a road trip from Michigan to Los Angeles this week and using the camera on the leaked build almost exclusively. It's a huge step up from gingerbread - I can't emphasize that enough. Video and still cameras are both great and the new camera functions are very welcome. I've been using panorama a ton plus the multi shot and timed shot. The car mount does a great job for timed shots; just suction cup, it to the hood and hit the shutter. The other much welcomed feature is the ability to use the volume keys as the shutter. I approve.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
In what respect(s)?

Pretty much every respect. It's basically the same UI, but the performance is amazing. Touch to focus is a godsend. Video actually works. The new features are great. All in all, that's the main thing I miss on CM9.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The ICS leak is not a rom.....it is the entire operating system.....it is not based on Gingerbread at all.....it has a new kernel and the processor speed has gone from 1.0 to 1.2.....the camera seems better.....don't seem to have the lag that gb had.....overall I'm glad I installed the leak.....only thing that is odd is that when I download a new app I get a message telling me I have no more room on the home screen.....does nothing else funny that I can think of.....phone is ten times better now.......

No more room on home screen from installing new app is because it put the icon on your home screen and if it is full will give the error. It is working as designed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I thought I would run down what I have noticed with the camera so far. It's snappy. Wow, still no pun intended... anyway, it is quick! When you see a shot, you hit the shutter, it's well well under a second that it clicks, and that's if it isn't already focused. If focused, it just grabs it almost instantly.

Then, there is a built in edit feature that allows you to edit color effects and other things right away. There isn't anything like disney princess stickers or anything like that as if you had bought a specifically themed edit app, but brightness, background shadows, put in coloring lines with a pen or finger, make it black and white and a few other little artistic touches to either fix the lighting you failed to have that moment or to give the picture some jazz.

Video camera. It looks good too, I have done both HD video with it, and that came out exceptionally, and I have also grabbed a 15 second or so MMS quality video that came out pretty good considering it's factors as well.

Still shot picture capturing: There are several settings for shooting and what style or scene of shooting you are currently needing based on your target. The macro setting is good to focus at about 7 inches or so, and you can also focus it from 7-8 inches away and then move in closer to 5 and get it to focus again. Under that, though, it loses it's ability to focus.

Multi shooting gives you 5 busts I think it was, and they are grouped together in your gallery allowing you to see all of the multi shots together for that individual shutter click.

And finally, the built in image stabilization is an excellent addition over our old camera as it helps folks like me who are on some whacked out meds that often have trembling as side effects. Basically, I'm saying, if I can get a steady shot with my hands, you can get one too.

So, I end up answering my own question quite a while after asking it, but I am glad to have put this on my phone!

Oh, I'm on the 229 release.

Reactions: 1812dave

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I was at a MLS Soccer game last night. I didn't notice before, but when taking video there is a shutter button that allows you to take a still while still shooting video.

IF you are taking an important video and stills at the same time, I would suggest that you turn your shutter tone off because you can hear it over the video and over the crowd. Also, there is some sort of bug that will take your zoom and drop it all the way out upon taking a still. Not always, and that's the weird part, but sometimes your picture and your video are at 0 zoom. The video then remains there at 0 zoom until you manually fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084