New ics leak 6.7.229

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Eager to see what changes.

Digits reduced from 6.7.2233 to 6.7.229 is probably a good sign.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how it goes. If you have a lapdock or micro hdmi to test webtop that would be great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Let us know how it goes. If you have a lapdock or micro hdmi to test webtop that would be great.

Got the System UI error when plugging it into my lapdock.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Now everyone gets to test out their FXZ skillset. :D I'll be doing mine in a bit. Just got back from vacation and have some work to do first. I plan on attempting to FXZ back without erasing my user data. I have a very specific way I'm going to try it and see if it works for me. Here's hoping.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Now everyone gets to test out their FXZ skillset. :D I'll be doing mine in a bit. Just got back from vacation and have some work to do first. I plan on attempting to FXZ back without erasing my user data. I have a very specific way I'm going to try it and see if it works for me. Here's hoping.

There is nothing more fun IMO than trying to do something kinda backdoor around the corner and not it was intended. My problem, is once I have an idea that I believe should work, I spend hours trying to make it work even though it would have taken much less time to just do it the normal way.

Have fun!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing more fun IMO than trying to do something kinda backdoor around the corner and not it was intended. My problem, is once I have an idea that I believe should work, I spend hours trying to make it work even though it would have taken much less time to just do it the normal way.

Have fun!

My attempt did not. I screwed something up and put my phone in a *REALLY* bad state. Wiped it full with the 902 FXZ and I'm now on 229. Now I have to re set everything up. Yippie? :D I have to root again, too. Such.....enjoyableness. :D

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My attempt did not. I screwed something up and put my phone in a *REALLY* bad state. Wiped it full with the 902 FXZ and I'm now on 229. Now I have to re set everything up. Yippie? :D I have to root again, too. Such.....enjoyableness. :D

Dang. I was rooting for you... No pun intended. But I went from 905 to 229 last night. I am extremely happy so far! I was totally affraid before doing it too being the big chicken I am.

To all my fellow fraidy cats.... It works! I did a full system formatting /factory reset and a cache while before installing it. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, who knows. I don't care if it mattered, it worked!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll attempt again at some point once I get this thing set up and backed up this time. (WOOPS). Cause I know what I wanna do should work. Basically tell it not to erase the user data and internal memory. And I think it needs to be done somewhat carefully and I'm going to have to play with the RSD script. It will take some work but the fact that we're getting so many updates so quickly means we're very likely to get some practice. ;)

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Did the full fxz to .902 then ota to. 905. Installed .229 without a hitch plus root. Pain to reload things but not really that big a deal. About 30 min total time from backup with Titanium to finishing restore and setup tweaks. Guess it's the price to pay to stay on the bleeding edge! :)

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed this leak on my Droid Bionic this morning. I like everything about it except that when I plug my phone into my computer using the USB cable, I don't have the option to just have the connection charge up my phone. I use this every day I am at work so that I have a fully charged battery when I get off work. My office at work is in a metal building and can sometimes drain my battery really bad if I don't use this. Anyone have a work around for this? Just curious.

Cindy

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I threw on Nova so I could access Webtop correctly on my Lapdock.

Wow. This is a much better experience than the one tab Firefox experience with Webtop 1.5.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh and some on Droid Hive are saying the latest leak has the CPU set to 1.0 GHz (some, not all). I'm running at 1.2 GHz.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice anything different from the last leak? I'm still on the last one. I think I may just stay put until the official upgrade comes out unless there's something drastically different on this new leak. I hate setting up everything on my phone.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh and some on Droid Hive are saying the latest leak has the CPU set to 1.0 GHz (some, not all). I'm running at 1.2 GHz.

Ry, how/where are you checking that setting? Somewhere in settings are some custom app? I've been seeing posts like yours mentioning CPU speeds, but don't know where to look. Thanks!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Rom Toolbox will tell you in the performance tab. For the record, my refurb bionic I got from a warranty claim is running 1.2 and is working quite well under the latest build. Tomorrow I'm going to back it up and maybe work on my custom FXZ script idea to go back to 902 without losing data. It has to be done right otherwise you can cause all kinds of problems like I ran into earlier. I couldn't even type my pwd for google earlier. LOL. WOOPS. :D

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You will also be able to see the CPU speed in most benchmark apps. Quadrant shows it for sure.

SamuriHL, if you check the thread linked above there are some people who posted the FXZ instructions to not wipe your internal memory. That should do what you're trying to figure out I think.

Reactions: Ry

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed this leak on my Droid Bionic this morning. I like everything about it except that when I plug my phone into my computer using the USB cable, I don't have the option to just have the connection charge up my phone. I use this every day I am at work so that I have a fully charged battery when I get off work. My office at work is in a metal building and can sometimes drain my battery really bad if I don't use this. Anyone have a work around for this? Just curious.

Cindy

Cindy when you plug your phone in set the USB to MTP. That will charge the battery.

Reactions: cindylike24

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey