Ringtone and music playlists resetting

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've recently started having issues with my ringtones staying set and a music playlist keeping songs. I haven't had any issues like lock ups or phone resetting that could normally cause settings to not be saved.

I first noticed my custom ringtone assignments that I'd used for months since having my Bionic were reverting back to a default tone. It happens about once a week or so I think, and was changing them all to the same system ringtone. Today when it happened, it was actually to a different system ringtone. It does this for both the default ringtone and custom contact specific ringtones.

The playlist issue is I had one that worked fine for about a week when I created it. I added some more songs/mixes to it and it worked fine in the short time after. I noticed today those additional tracks were missing from the playlist (but not totally deleted). It had been a while since I listened to it, so I don't know when exactly the tracks were removed.

Any ideas on what's up?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Which music player are you using?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Good question and I can't answer for sure. I think it's the Motorola player though. Looking at the app manager didn't say. It's just called "Music", version 2.3.4. The only one in my list on the market is the Google player, which has a different icon. The one I use has a white square with a speaker cone on it.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Good question and I can't answer for sure. I think it's the Motorola player though. Looking at the app manager didn't say. It's just called "Music", version 2.3.4. The only one in my list on the market is the Google player, which has a different icon. The one I use has a white square with a speaker cone on it.

Then you have the one that Motorola has on the phone that comes as stock on the Droid Bionic. Personally, I like the Google Play Music and the Amazon MP3 apps better.

Cindy