Bionic won't factory reset and resets to May 27th on restart

Indizle

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My Bionic has been acting really weird since late May. Every time my phone is turned off and turned on again, all the stuff on the internal storage is reset to whatever was on it on May 27th (texts, pictures, received calls, etc.). I can't save new pictures to the phone's DCIM. I can still call and text (and receive calls and texts), but if the phone turns off I lose all record of those items.

I tried using the factory reset in the settings menu of the phone and when it restarts the phone it gets stuck in the recovery mode (screen has a triangle with the "!" sign and a little Android guy on it). In recovery mode, whenever I try to factory reset the phone it says its deleted everything. When I reboot, however, everything is still on the phone. I tried deleting the images on the internal drive using my laptop in USB storage mode, but after I disconnect the phone the images are back on the device.

Also, I get a notice for an OTA update on the phone. It downloads it, but whenever it tries to install the phone reboots into Recovery mode. I reboot and it offers to download the update again. Nothing changes.

I've never rooted the phone, and currently am on System version 5.9.902 on Verizon in the US.

I called verizon and they offered to send a replacement. However, I have some work sensitive images on the phone and can't just send them my old phone. Any tips on fixing the phone or deleting the images at least?

Thanks,

Indizle.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

My Bionic has been acting really weird since late May. Every time my phone is turned off and turned on again, all the stuff on the internal storage is reset to whatever was on it on May 27th (texts, pictures, received calls, etc.). I can't save new pictures to the phone's DCIM. I can still call and text (and receive calls and texts), but if the phone turns off I lose all record of those items.

I tried using the factory reset in the settings menu of the phone and when it restarts the phone it gets stuck in the recovery mode (screen has a triangle with the "!" sign and a little Android guy on it). In recovery mode, whenever I try to factory reset the phone it says its deleted everything. When I reboot, however, everything is still on the phone. I tried deleting the images on the internal drive using my laptop in USB storage mode, but after I disconnect the phone the images are back on the device.

Also, I get a notice for an OTA update on the phone. It downloads it, but whenever it tries to install the phone reboots into Recovery mode. I reboot and it offers to download the update again. Nothing changes.

I've never rooted the phone, and currently am on System version 5.9.902 on Verizon in the US.

I called verizon and they offered to send a replacement. However, I have some work sensitive images on the phone and can't just send them my old phone. Any tips on fixing the phone or deleting the images at least?

Thanks,

Indizle.

Your best bet is to download RSD Lite and flash the 902 fastboot image to the phone. This link has everything you need to get it back to a clean factory image. I recommend having a fully charged battery before starting. The process will fully wipe your phone and reinstall the OS. You'll want to unzip the archive file and select the xml file to flash everything.

[Download] DROID BIONIC Fastboot Files (5.9.902), with flashing instructions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2