New to Droid Bionic

atvtinker

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on the Hardware section, but got no response. I recently purchased 2 Droid Bionics and bought 2 4000mah batteries online because I know these things suck up a lot of juice. I can't either phone to recognize that I have a extended runtime battery in either phone with either battery. I have tried several apps and procedures with no avail. I would rather not "root" my phones right now beings that they are so new, so is there an app that some of you might know that would help or am I S.O.L. I didn't want to buy the extended batteries from Verizon because for one they are less than double the capacity of the original and the fact they are twice as high as anyone else. I mean really, $50 for a battery! There are tons of them online for less than $15. Any help would be appreciated.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you know for sure these are actually 4000mah batteries? There are a lot of cheap knock-off batteries out there that makes claims, but testing shows they don't perform anywhere near their stated capacity.

I'd say there is a good chance you got scammed.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought the official VZW extended battery when they were on sale for $25 and I'm getting almost double the normal phone time. I seems to agree with Yaish.....you may have recieved "less than truthful" batteries.

I just checked and without signing into my account, they are still listed for $24.99:
Extended Battery w/Cover

Now it says "online discount" but I got the same price in the local VZW store.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the cheap 4000 mah batteries too (mine came with an external charger), and it really does give a very long run time. Problem is, the battery meter runs down as if it's got the 1750 mahl battery in it, then for the next 2 days it's going to be on 5% till it finally shuts down. And nothing I tried changed that. For me that was unacceptable since I never know really how much battery life was left. But it did last a looooong time.

Also, no case fits with that battery and door. Which is also pretty unacceptable to me as well.

I wound up getting the Moto 2750 mah extended battery and door. It lasts a long time and the battery meter works right. And there are cases for it.

The VZ sale might be over, but it's still $28 on Amazon. Pick up a cheap wall charger and use the 4000 mah battery as a spare. I drop mine in my pocket when I leave the house and I never worry about running out of juice.

atvtinker

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
3rdpig, that is exactly what these batteries are doing. I can go 2 days without a charge. It's not knowing when it will shut off that bugs me. I did find that if you buy the clip holster from Verizon and not install the back case that comes with it, it fits great into the holster. The extended back cover is the same size as the back case cover so it works out. I heard that it is a code error that makes the battery do that, but I guess there is no way to change that. Thanks for the replies.

atvtinker

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Verizon just put their extended batteries back on sale. They are $24.99 with the new covers. Leave it up to Verizon to be slow on the ball again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol