Backing up and transferring to new phone

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The headphone jack on my Bionic is not connecting right and Verizon is going to replace it under warranty. Is there a way to back up things like game saves/data and transfer them to the new phone so I don't have to start from scratch. Only one is paid, all the rest are free apps.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I use titanium backup to back up and restore my apps you can backup saved data in the apps too such as game progress and such. The only thing is that you have to be rooted.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I use titanium backup to back up and restore my apps you can backup saved data in the apps too such as game progress and such. The only thing is that you have to be rooted.

That would be my suggestion as well. I wish I had been rooted and using Titanitum at the time when I needed a replacement device.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had really great success with My Backup:
My Backup
It's a 30 day trial but works great and you don't need to be rooted.

Another good one is App Backup & Restore:
App Backup & Restore. I've used this on our fleet of Android tablets at work with success.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah considering it's a warranty claim, I don't want to root and risk being charged full price for the new phone. Will look at the My Backup one.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Do any of these programs back up and restore texts? I've tried to research a few options for restoring texts but they all seem to have limitations

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent for texting. It's supposed to have an option to backup texts to their servers, but I haven't used that option first hand.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Do any of these programs back up and restore texts? I've tried to research a few options for restoring texts but they all seem to have limitations

I use gosms as my texting app and it has an option to back up to sd card. I have used it once and it worked well.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Funny you ask that. TiBackup does actually back up text messages and call logs now, they updated it like 2 or 3 days ago... maybe less.

ALSO, for the OP... If you are backing up your phone already to your account, you kind of have a phone back up. Kind of.... What you have is upon signing into a new phone, the Market - Google Play - will auto download for you all the apps you had on your old phone. Some times it gets them all, sometimes not, but sometimes it even gives you ones that you already had deleted. It's not much, but its something.

Things like your ringer, your volumes, saved wifi passwords, that stuff will all auto repopulate with the automatic backup/restore functionality of an Android phone, but the settings and preferences for ALL apps will NOT come back and you'll have to do them manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34