Slow voice on WIFI

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I am on WIFI, it takes forever to translate voice commands. It is instantaneous when I am on 4G.
Anyone else noticed this? If I am going to use voice for anything, I have to leave it on 4G.
I have a fast internet connection and my router works great for any other purpose. It is the phone that takes so long to interpret voice.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I am on WIFI, it takes forever to translate voice commands. It is instantaneous when I am on 4G.
Anyone else noticed this? If I am going to use voice for anything, I have to leave it on 4G.
I have a fast internet connection and my router works great for any other purpose. It is the phone that takes so long to interpret voice.

Only thing I can think of would be to run a speedtest on wifi vs. 4G. Often I have found my 4G is much faster than my cable modem + 802.11n Wireless.

It can also have something to do w/the route between your ISP and the server that google uses to translate your voice.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
my bionic, on wifi gives 43 ping and faster than 22Mbs, without any tweak. interesting info though, regarding the tweak.

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
On wifi I get 36 ping upload 22.13, on 4g I get 83 and 4.53. Voice response on wifi is 30 seconds, on 4g it is too fast to measure, less than 1 second. I tried the tweak, it didn't help any.
I tried it on my crappy G Tablet and it took less than a second, using the same internet connection. SO, the Bionic has some glitch in it. I will just use 4g if I want to talk to it.
Thanks for offering your solutions.

Dale Griggs

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This is crazy! I plugged this thing into a wall socket to charge it and tried voice input again. It came back instantly. I have unplugged it now and it still works instantly.
What could plugging it in have anything to do with making wifi responsive?
I give up!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey