Switching Phone Numbers

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted Bionic and would like to know if I give the phone to my wife (who has a different phone) what are the implications.
Can I switch numbers on a rooted phone without Verizon giving me a problem?
Will all the apps and settings that I have now stay on the phone and continue to work?

Any other things I did nt think about?

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
shouldnt be an issue couple of questions..

I am assuming but I will ask.. Your wife is on verizon currently?
is your wife currently on a 4g LTE device?
are you gettting a new verizon device or have a device to have your number moved to?

Unless you leave your gmail login on the device then I would recommend that you do a wipe of the phone to return to stock so that she can setup how she likes. Your apps unless you sideloaded are tired to your Gmail account.

root doesnt matter to verizon when handling these types of transactions.
If your wife isnt on a 4g device she will have to get a new sim card if you are moving yours to a new LTE device.

No contract changes should be needed if your not changing your plan.. if she is going from a 3g plan to a 4g plan there may be changes needed.. Becareful if you have unlimited data plans as they may attempt to remove them.

off the top of my head thats about all I can think of.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes,my wife has a Blackberry (obviously 3G) and I am thinking about swapping phones with her for about a week so she can see if she like the Bionic (so I would use her BB with my number.

Since this would only be for a short time I would prefer not to wipe the phones.

Since the Bionic is rooted does that cause any issue?

Last edited: