ICS soon???

rotten1965

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I know most of you will take this information with a grain of salt but here it goes anyways! I have had some issues with my Bionic that have put me on the phone with customer service at Big Red almost daily for the last week and half, I have badgered them to give me a ETA on ICS even if it's a "Ball Park" estimate. I was able to solicit a ETA from 3 different CSRs that we should see a mass rollout of ICS in the next 10-14 "Business" Days! Don't hold your breath but it could happen! Just my 2 cents worth! I guess we wait and see.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. But you were talking to CSRs..

I'll only be upset if they miss their Q3 2012 deadline.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
We shall see what happens. We're up to 235 right now. We'll be watching for more leaks and/or a soak test. That'll give us a better idea.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious, but what is a "soak test"? I've heard it mentioned a few times now. Also crossing fingers that we don't have the same corruption the Razor ICS update had. My fianc?'s phone was on the first batch of Razors and required a factory reset. I would hate to loose all my save data, on top of the apps themselves.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A soak test is when an update is ready to get pushed OTA. They select a group of users to test the update process and make sure it'll go smooth before rolling it out to everyone.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
To me, the Bionic is a tool. It just works with Gingerbread. I'm in no hurry for Motorola to mess it up with ICS. I have Jelly Bean on my Xoom, and I'm having a hard time understanding why they are even bothering with ICS. The differences between ICS (android 4.0) and JB (android 4.1) are small but huge. I'm just glad I have a device that I don't rely upon to experiment with. Google Now is really cool, and the voice search puts Sirius to shame.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
... I'm having a hard time understanding why they are even bothering with ICS. The differences between ICS (android 4.0) and JB (android 4.1) are small but huge...

Because the source for JB just came out, whereas ICS has been out since last year? They can't scrap all the dev work they did the past 8 months or so just because a new version came out. The Bionic won't see an update until Q2 next year if they move to JB. And why would they waste dev resources on JB for a phone that Verizon doesn't even directly sell anymore?

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, my Bionic works so well now, I doubt I will even upgrade to ICS when it comes out. The Bionic is an awesome phone, but after the way Motorola did us wrong, I won't ever buy another Motorola product, but you never know. Motorola may actually get its act together under Google.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jkensinger

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I came from the Samsung Fascinate and it took forever just to get off of eclair. G-bread took forever also. I can say that with each update, the phone was amazingly different. I can be patient given the fact that if I didn't get the bionic, I would never have seen ICS on my Fascinate. Overall, this phone was an upgrade in everyway and I'm very happy with the phone.