Extended batteries

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was looking about and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Motorola-4000mAh-Extended-Battery/dp/B005Z34QA2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342923533&sr=8-2&keywords=bionic+extended+battery

Anyone ever tried using extended batteries on the Bionic? Any issues with the phone recognizing the battery? Suggestions for phone covers that are meant to fit the larger battery cover? Normally I'm not concerned because my phone is usually plugged in anyway, but it does suck to see it drop so fast when unplugged and playing games, on top of the background apps I use running a lot.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the oem extended battery and it's great usually get 30 plus hours

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty good result there. 30+ hours is impressive, but what could you get on the stock battery (for comparison)? I thought about going the OEM route, but that one I listed sounded pretty tempting. Cheaper and stronger at 4000mAh, but I was more focused on price/reviews then power. Reading the reviews, there have been some duds and such, but everyone said customer service was phenomenal and got replaced easily. I figured it's worth the small risk, but why I was wondering about things like the phone recognizing it.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon had the battery on sale for 25$ still might if you check. My original battery I would get anywhere from 5 to 16 hours I know usage matters but now I still at least double the run time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
$25 would be pretty sweet still, considering I saw a generic at Radio Shack for dang near $60.

Then I'd go ahead and get one ordered off of the Verizon web site before they sell out of them otherwise your only other option will be to buy it off of e-bay or amazon. I went to a Verizon reseller in my hometown and they told me that since they don't sell the phone there, they now don't even have any of the accessories for that phone. They have to ship any remaining accessories that they have for the phone back to Verizon. Big bummer because there were times that I liked to go into these stores and see if there was anything that I might want to buy from them and the people at this store were halfway nice to deal with.