Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS next week?

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08...for-next-week/

Great news if it's true.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep drippler app sent me notification I haven't read the whole article just skimmed it hope it takes care of data connection and doesn't take up to much ram

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ROM
    .232 ICS Leak

The author clearly isn't aware of the performance of the leaks, almost all of which have been more stable than the RAZR update.

I'm running .232 and it's solid. I could keep running this and have no complaints.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS next week?

Gotta Be Mobile runs an article like this every week or so, saying ICS is coming to the Bionic soon, not soon enough, etc. It strikes me as just a way to drive traffic from Google searches on the issue, and I'd be surprised if their information was any better than what's been publicly available from Motorola for months. So while I wouldn't be surprised if we do see ICS next week or the week after (), it's not because of this article.

Quote Originally Posted by enb123 View Post
    Gotta Be Mobile runs an article like this every week or so, saying ICS is coming to the Bionic soon, not soon enough, etc. It strikes me as just a way to drive traffic from Google searches on the issue, and I'd be surprised if their information was any better than what's been publicly available from Motorola for months. So while I wouldn't be surprised if we do see ICS next week or the week after (), it's not because of this article.
    Yeah, I've been doing the daily searches for the update (or was until I got on .232 2 days ago!) and I think you're right. Sometimes even the blind (er, sight impaired) squirrel finds a nut.

That being said, I also think that the relatively polished nature of .232 (not to mention .235 and .238 which must be even more finished-off) indicates that a soak test, at the least, is imminent. I signed up for that and if I'm lucky enough to be selected, I'll try to get back to .905 so I can participate.

I'm tempted to ask how you sign up for the soak test selection, but after the issues with the initial ota update for the Razr (my fianc's was one of the unlucky first picks even though we didn't do anything to sign up), I'm kinda hesitant to want to be that early of an ota recipient.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I'm tempted to ask how you sign up for the soak test selection, but after the issues with the initial ota update for the Razr (my fianc's was one of the unlucky first picks even though we didn't do anything to sign up), I'm kinda hesitant to want to be that early of an ota recipient.
    That would be odd since signing up is a very deliberate act on the Motorola forums that involves sending your esn in.

Either way I'm signed up and quite eager to get it. I just hope it is not the end of the road for OS updates. If it is I'll start going with ROMS from there on out.

Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    That would be odd since signing up is a very deliberate act on the Motorola forums that involves sending your esn in.

Either way I'm signed up and quite eager to get it. I just hope it is not the end of the road for OS updates. If it is I'll start going with ROMS from there on out.
    Every soak test includes a few random non-soak test phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicJoe View Post
    Every soak test includes a few random non-soak test phones.
    I'll back that up. My wife was on the last Bionic soak test and I'll guarantee that she didn't sign up for it.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by conanbarb View Post
    I'll back that up. My wife was on the last Bionic soak test and I'll guarantee that she didn't sign up for it.
    That I didn't know. Live and learn and I stand corrected.

In the mean time I'll go back to twiddling my thumbs and hoping Moto would hurry the hell up and get it out to us.

Yeesh, Looks like DroidHive is down again. Between here, Moto forums, and a couple of other sites I've been trying to get some info as to when they'll finally release the darn thing.
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Well the Droid 4 just got it, so that is hopefully a good sign that ours will be rolling out soon!

Sent from my mobile device

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gingerbread didn't support dual core, but ICS does, right? So that means our phones should be working a ton better just because of that aspect alone? Can't wait, coming soon (knock on wood).

On another note, I'd bet the person who had information from the above article was talking about the droid 4, as it is starting to roll out now.
    Last edited by zachthebomb13; 08-13-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Yes,GB does not support dual core.

For my purposes I am content to wait for the update. I figure the more Motorola devices that get the ICS update before the Bionic the more bugs will be rooted (no pun intended) out. Right now my GB install is running fine.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

The main reason why I'm getting more than a bit impatient is I REALLY want WebTop 3.0! Having the ability to do full-screen on an RDP client on my laptop would absolutely be the bomb.
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    The main reason why I'm getting more than a bit impatient is I REALLY want WebTop 3.0! Having the ability to do full-screen on an RDP client on my laptop would absolutely be the bomb.
    I do not know what Webtop 3.0 is and do not know what it means to do full screen on an RDP client is,so if you could explain it I would appreciate it.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    I do not know what Webtop 3.0 is and do not know what it means to do full screen on an RDP client is,so if you could explain it I would appreciate it.
    WebTop is the name of the application that starts up when you plug the Bionic and a few other phones into the HD dock or LapDock. The ICS release updates it to work very differently than it currently does. It's a cool feature that will be 10x better.

RDP - Remote Desktop Protocol it is natively supported by windows XP and higher. It allows you to establish a connection to that computer as if you were sitting at it. Where it comes in handy is if you have to work remotely. WebTop 3 allows the apps to operate in a "tablet mode" that allows ANY app, if it supports it, to be full screen. Currently under WebTop under Gingerbread the phone apps are constrained to just the phone UI, thus limiting how useful it is.
    Last edited by SnydersWeb; 08-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Okay,I looked up webtop in the Marketplace (excuse me Google Play) and it looks like the app will allow you to control your Bionic from the computer. I guess I really don't understand why you would want to do that,what am I missing?

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    Okay,I looked up webtop in the Marketplace (excuse me Google Play) and it looks like the app will allow you to control your Bionic from the computer. I guess I really don't understand why you would want to do that,what am I missing?
    Don't look in the markitplace/google play for it. It's built into the phone and not for download. Do a Google search for it instead and you'll find information about it.

The point is not controlling the Bionic from a computer, it's allowing the Bionic to allow you to remotely be on a computer. It's difficult to explain the usefulness of it to someone who isn't familliar with it.

Do a search for RDP and you'll find a truckload of information on it.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

There is an app "Teamviewer" which will allow me to use my Bionic to log onto a computer and control it as if I am actually on the PC.

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

TeamViewer, PocketCloud and others - a lot those log into your computer using RDP.

Experiment around with that and your computer. You'll have to set your computer up likely to allow the remote connection (Google that) - only thing is if your computer is not behind a router or firewall I would advise against it.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

I have been using Teamviewer for at least a year from PC to PC and also on my Bionic. My PCs are all behind routers. The use of Teamviewer on the Android is much more complicated than using it on a PC. Use on a PC is nearly perfect. There is essentially nothing that I can't do remotely except for turn the mcahine on and their tech support is good.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Check out the Splashtop series of apps. They are phone to PC, but not visa versa, I think.
    Always learning ...

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Anyway, to pull this thread back on track: chewing out Motorola over their poor handing on this situation.

Moto's forums have definitely exploded over this:
    https://forums.motorola.com/hives/80da4495ba/summary

Hopefully they will hear us.
    - J. Michael Straczynski

The official word from Motorola was we would get ICS in "early 3rd quarter"... But it's too late for that as we are already going into late 3rd quarter

I'm hearing it could be September before OTA. Just speculation so treat it as such.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Moto X Developer Edition
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast