ICS next week?

cdjohn81

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep drippler app sent me notification I haven't read the whole article just skimmed it hope it takes care of data connection and doesn't take up to much ram

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The author clearly isn't aware of the performance of the leaks, almost all of which have been more stable than the RAZR update.

I'm running .232 and it's solid. I could keep running this and have no complaints.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Gotta Be Mobile runs an article like this every week or so, saying ICS is coming to the Bionic soon, not soon enough, etc. It strikes me as just a way to drive traffic from Google searches on the issue, and I'd be surprised if their information was any better than what's been publicly available from Motorola for months. So while I wouldn't be surprised if we do see ICS next week or the week after :))), it's not because of this article.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Gotta Be Mobile runs an article like this every week or so, saying ICS is coming to the Bionic soon, not soon enough, etc. It strikes me as just a way to drive traffic from Google searches on the issue, and I'd be surprised if their information was any better than what's been publicly available from Motorola for months. So while I wouldn't be surprised if we do see ICS next week or the week after :))), it's not because of this article.

Yeah, I've been doing the daily searches for the update (or was until I got on .232 2 days ago!) and I think you're right. Sometimes even the blind (er, sight impaired) squirrel finds a nut.

That being said, I also think that the relatively polished nature of .232 (not to mention .235 and .238 which must be even more finished-off) indicates that a soak test, at the least, is imminent. I signed up for that and if I'm lucky enough to be selected, I'll try to get back to .905 so I can participate.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to ask how you sign up for the soak test selection, but after the issues with the initial ota update for the Razr (my fianc?'s was one of the unlucky first picks even though we didn't do anything to sign up), I'm kinda hesitant to want to be that early of an ota recipient.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to ask how you sign up for the soak test selection, but after the issues with the initial ota update for the Razr (my fianc?'s was one of the unlucky first picks even though we didn't do anything to sign up), I'm kinda hesitant to want to be that early of an ota recipient.

That would be odd since signing up is a very deliberate act on the Motorola forums that involves sending your esn in.

Either way I'm signed up and quite eager to get it. I just hope it is not the end of the road for OS updates. If it is I'll start going with ROMS from there on out.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
That would be odd since signing up is a very deliberate act on the Motorola forums that involves sending your esn in.

Either way I'm signed up and quite eager to get it. I just hope it is not the end of the road for OS updates. If it is I'll start going with ROMS from there on out.

Every soak test includes a few random non-soak test phones.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll back that up. My wife was on the last Bionic soak test and I'll guarantee that she didn't sign up for it.

That I didn't know. Live and learn and I stand corrected.

In the mean time I'll go back to twiddling my thumbs and hoping Moto would hurry the hell up and get it out to us.

Yeesh, Looks like DroidHive is down again. Between here, Moto forums, and a couple of other sites I've been trying to get some info as to when they'll finally release the darn thing.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well the Droid 4 just got it, so that is hopefully a good sign that ours will be rolling out soon!

Sent from my mobile device

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gingerbread didn't support dual core, but ICS does, right? So that means our phones should be working a ton better just because of that aspect alone? Can't wait, coming soon (knock on wood).

On another note, I'd bet the person who had information from the above article was talking about the droid 4, as it is starting to roll out now.

Last edited:

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes,GB does not support dual core.

For my purposes I am content to wait for the update. I figure the more Motorola devices that get the ICS update before the Bionic the more bugs will be rooted (no pun intended) out. Right now my GB install is running fine.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The main reason why I'm getting more than a bit impatient is I REALLY want WebTop 3.0! Having the ability to do full-screen on an RDP client on my laptop would absolutely be the bomb.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The main reason why I'm getting more than a bit impatient is I REALLY want WebTop 3.0! Having the ability to do full-screen on an RDP client on my laptop would absolutely be the bomb.

I do not know what Webtop 3.0 is and do not know what it means to do full screen on an RDP client is,so if you could explain it I would appreciate it.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I do not know what Webtop 3.0 is and do not know what it means to do full screen on an RDP client is,so if you could explain it I would appreciate it.

WebTop is the name of the application that starts up when you plug the Bionic and a few other phones into the HD dock or LapDock. The ICS release updates it to work very differently than it currently does. It's a cool feature that will be 10x better.

RDP - Remote Desktop Protocol it is natively supported by windows XP and higher. It allows you to establish a connection to that computer as if you were sitting at it. Where it comes in handy is if you have to work remotely. WebTop 3 allows the apps to operate in a "tablet mode" that allows ANY app, if it supports it, to be full screen. Currently under WebTop under Gingerbread the phone apps are constrained to just the phone UI, thus limiting how useful it is.

Last edited:

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay,I looked up webtop in the Marketplace (excuse me Google Play) and it looks like the app will allow you to control your Bionic from the computer. I guess I really don't understand why you would want to do that,what am I missing?

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay,I looked up webtop in the Marketplace (excuse me Google Play) and it looks like the app will allow you to control your Bionic from the computer. I guess I really don't understand why you would want to do that,what am I missing?

Don't look in the markitplace/google play for it. It's built into the phone and not for download. Do a Google search for it instead and you'll find information about it.

The point is not controlling the Bionic from a computer, it's allowing the Bionic to allow you to remotely be on a computer. It's difficult to explain the usefulness of it to someone who isn't familliar with it.

Do a search for RDP and you'll find a truckload of information on it.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There is an app "Teamviewer" which will allow me to use my Bionic to log onto a computer and control it as if I am actually on the PC.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
TeamViewer, PocketCloud and others - a lot those log into your computer using RDP.

Experiment around with that and your computer. You'll have to set your computer up likely to allow the remote connection (Google that) - only thing is if your computer is not behind a router or firewall I would advise against it.