Gmail Help Please.

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I changed the password for one of my Gmail accounts. All works well on their webmail site and on my Xoom Android Tablet, but not on my dreaded Bionic.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem besides rooting or throwing the thing away? I'm running stock OTA 905.

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I did and was informed I couldn't, it said I must do a factory reset, and I'm hoping there is another solution. Those resets are very inconvenient ! :(

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If this gmail account is the one that you used to establish your Android service then you cannot delete the account. Your only choice would be the factory reset or the other thing I would try is to change your password again on the web and see if some how your Bionic will accept it.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If your phone was rooted then it would have been slightly less of a pain because you would be able to do a backup then restore.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have always been prompted on my phone when I change the password on my GMail account - there should be a notification asking you to reestablish credentials for the account.

I know it's too late, but I think before a factory reset I would have tried changing the password again, or changing it back to what it was before, establish that the phone has a connection, and then change it again to see if you get the Android notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7