Trading in my bionic?
09-19-2012 02:12 PM
- So I am still occasionally having the data drops or the phone switches to 3g and then I turn airplane mode on then off and I get 4g back. I installed the leaked ICS update which I do like a lot. I called verizon and they offered me the rezound for a replacement(well they first offered the Charge, which I laughed at them "politely".) I have insurance on the bionic too, so the question I am asking is if I were to switch would my insurance still work for the rezound now? Or does anyone know what replacement phone I would get if my phone "broke" or do you think they would just give me another bionic? So should I jump the gun and switch phones or keep the Bionic which I do like a lot, but these data drops are very annoying?
Thank you to all that answer me.08-16-2012 06:55 PM
- r0071337 MemberIf Verizon does a replacement for you, then you keep your insurance (Assuming it is Asurion insurance).
Asurion will replace your bionic with another bionic right now, because they still have a stock of them.
The Rezound is a nice phone, but it is made by HTC. I do not know if that means anything to you. There are defiantly people who will go blue in the face debating whether Motorola or HTC has better quality phones... But, in the end, I do not think there is any right or wrong answer to that. It comes down to personal choice.08-17-2012 11:36 AM
- I don't have any experience with HTC, but the Verizon rep told me Motorola has some of the best reception phones. I think I would at least partially agree because there's a building I can get full signal in, where other Verizon users are lucky to get any at all. So if signal strength is a concern for you, the Bionic may be the better choice.08-17-2012 12:05 PM
- I spoke to Verizon, and they didn't offer me the Rezound, but they did offer me the Razr. I told them I would accept the Razr Maxx, so they are sending me a Razr Maxx as a replacement.
Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.08-25-2012 05:12 PM
Bionic'd from my tapatalk.08-26-2012 02:41 PM
- 08-26-2012 03:23 PM
- Not only does the ics leaks fix the connection issue, but if what I posted in my recent thread on here is true, the processor speed now matches the Razr. At this point, the only difference I can find between the two is aesthetics and screen style. Depending on what you prefer on those two issues, may as well either waiting for the full ics ota update, or look at taking one of the leaks. Just make sure you don't go above the .232 version, otherwise you can't revert to GB.
Bionic'd from my tapatalk.08-26-2012 06:38 PM
Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.08-26-2012 06:55 PM
- Just got off phone with VZW tech support regarding my constant connectivety issues and the frustrations witht he phone. They offered to send another Bionic or replace it with a HTC Rezound or Razr. They said I could upgrade to the Razr maxx for $100. Kind of frustrating since I paid $299 for the Bionic and now they want another $100 for the Maxx. Ugh!!09-08-2012 05:27 PM
- I too just got of the phone with VZW and since Iritch said he got the maxx for $100 I thought I could do the same. I talked them into it and they gave it to me for $50 which I happily did. I wasnt even considering that phone I was just looking at the Rezound which I guess has sucked after they got ICS. I hope I am making the right decision because I do not want to have to go through anymore of this. Thank you everyone for your help and the bionic was a great phone except for the data issues which were very frustrating.09-09-2012 08:38 PM
- These data issues are becoming bothersome for me too. I had them on 905 and I am on an ICS leak and still have data drops. I am going to call Verizon tomorrow and hopefully get a rezound or nexus out of them. I like the bionic a lot besides these data drops. I even have been starting to have voice calling issues. I couldn't even talk to my wife today because we couldn't hear each other.
Bionic'd from my tapatalk.09-10-2012 08:33 PM
- I called last week about my data drops and went through some troubleshooting. They asked when the last time i had shut my phone off was and told them it rebooted itself an hour ago and I usually reboot it every other day or so. They said the last time they showed it off it was at the end of July I think. I said I hear these phones have problems and he offered a replacement of a razr or nexus,never asked if I would like another bionic. Asked about a maxx but he said it would get rejected and even said I would return my extended battery, he put me on hold for 5 mins or so and came back with another no. This was my first replacement since getting the phone last November, I took the razr. The only thing I miss is the battery life with the extended battery.09-11-2012 12:33 PM
- So i finally got around to calling them tonight about my bionic issues. He said a software patch will be coming out soon to fix it. Uh huh. First he was going to send me another bionic and I said no. Then he wanted me to use an upgrade we have on another line for a new phone. I said no. He then put me on hold and came back offering a rezound, nexus, or incredible 4g. I chose the nexus. Then we went through the whole process. First he told me it wouldn't come with a battery or door which I didn't like. Then he said they had an extended battery and door in stock. I was happy until he told me it would cost $50. I told him to send it without the battery. He said Ok. But when we got to the final step all of a sudden he said he couldn't send it out without the battery and if I wanted to do the exchange I would have to pay for the extended battery. I said I shouldn't have to pay anything but he was firm. I should have asked to talk to someone higher up but I didn't think of it at the time.
I am going to call again tomorrow. That was a waste of 40 minutes.
And here I am on 3g in an area that is drowning in 4g coverage just because my phone doesn't work how it should.
Bionic'd from my tapatalk.09-14-2012 09:44 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
Trading in my bionic?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD