1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    .246 ICS

Default Battery drain

Hey folks,

Writing for some help here. Ever since the ICS leaks came out and I installed them ( on. 232 right now), battery drain has gotten worse. I've looked around but can't seem to find any answers. Any suggestions? I'm not a power user with all bells and whistles turned on either. I manually toggle wifi, Bluetooth, gps on/off as needed, all mail is manually checked, nothing pushed.

Thanks in advance!
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Default Re: Battery drain

I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that ICS can use both cores, unlike GB which only uses one.

I've been using the free version of JuiceDefender to greatly increase my battery life.

The only caveat I'd give you is that I am nearly always on WiFi and, since JD shuts down the 4G/3G radios when not needed, this may be giving me my longevity.

Regardless, it's worth a try... good luck!

Edit: I should add that I got the tip to use JuiceDefender from either this forum or another, so thanks to whomever it was that posted the tip!

I agree my battery has been draining very fast on the ics leak and I am also in a 4g area which probably doesn't help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    .246 ICS

Thanks for the suggestions, got Juice Defender running now. I'll report back in a few days or so if I see any difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums