On 232 leak and just installed Flash... direct from Play

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So after some considerations, i decided to take the 232 leak. I was under the impression that since Flash isn't officially supported for ics, the only way to get it was to side load it from either Adobe's help section of their site, or a third party host. That impression was furthered by it no longer showing up in searches in the Play app. On a whim, i went to the desktop version of Google Play in my stock browser, wondering if that would bypass the phone compatibility check. Sure enough, I searched for Adobe Flash and it popped up with an install link. I clicked the link, had to sign into Google, then was able to download it right from Play to the phone and install just as if it came via the Play app. It's working fine in the stock browser for me without any tricks or special installs.

While the app still doesn't show in my app list in the actual Play app despite now being installed, the desktop web page shows it was just updated and now includes 4.0 support. Think adobe is wising up and gonna give us flash at least a little longer?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Flash was supported through Ice Cream Sandwich.

Flash is no longer available for new installs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what i thought, but going to .232 I lost flash and it didn't show in the Play app on my phone. That's why i posted this, because all the other threads I found online mentioned using a special secondary installer app (since pulled from the market), or manually side loading. Even for ics. I tried the latter way, but my phone wouldn't recognize the installation. The method I posted automates the install direct from Play with no special work arounds.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to a site and it said get flash I clicked it and it brought me to the play store and I downloaded flash and.no probs watching video just like before