1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bionic Battery Temp

Hello All,

When I'm driving I always have my phone docked and charging. I listen to pandora, navigate, etc. all at the same time. I'm not worried about the battery being drained as it is always plugged in. However, the temp gets up to 42+ degrees Celsius. Is there a max temp the battery should not go over, and is there a recommended temp as well? Like I said, I'm not worried about battery drain, but I am worried about frying my phone. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Bionic Battery Temp

The phone will warn you if it gets too hot and tell you what to do, but I think that occurs somewhere around 125F.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret

High battery temps will stress the battery more and make it likely to hold less of a charge as time passes compared with running at a normal temperature. I know that navigation is really hard on phones; I only do so when I really need it.

Is it possible to put the dock in front of one of the A/C vents? It's how mine is set up and stays nice and cool. Even under heavy use like GPS and Pandora. I have noticed if mine gets above about 105 F it will start loosing charge while still plugged in and not doing anything with it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Putting it in front of a vent would be ideal. But I don't know if it'll reach. Thanks for the suggestions.