- 1 Posts
computer cannot pick up phone at all
my droid bionic charges fine, but I try plugging it into my computer to put music on it and it won't work. it won't even charge, the computer has no idea the phone is there. other devices work fine with my computer and the phone does this with other computers so I know the problem is with the phone. HELP
- 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM #2
- 3,547 Posts
Re: computer cannot pick up phone at all
My first suggestion would be to try either a new USB cable, or one you know to be good. Just make sure it is rated for both data and charging if you want to use it as your primary cable. I've had nothing but problems with those cables going bad quickly ever since phones started using them for power and data.
If that doesn't work, it could be the port in the phone itself going out. Does wiggling the plug in the phone do anything while connected to the computer?
- 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM #3
- By tacsniper in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 6Last Post: 07-16-2012, 01:44 AM
- By Tahe in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
- By tomme12 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
- By ilovehtcsense in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
- By Fitz1015 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 05-27-2010, 06:47 PM