FoxFi with Bionic
I am using FoxFi on my Bionic as my hotspot to connect to my Win 7 64 bit PC. I see that the app has the capability of connecting using Bluetooth DUN. Can anyone tellme if I am better off using Bluetooth or Wifi for internet access. Also does Bluetooth take less power?
- 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM #2
- 325 Posts
Re: FoxFi with Bionic
This might help.
Bluetooth Basic Rate (BR) 1Mbit/s Bluetooth 2 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) 2-3Mbit/s Bluetooth 3 + HS (high Speed) 24MBit/s
Whereas for Wi-Fi (depending on the Wifi version supported)
IEEE 802.11b 11 Mbit/s (realistically 5-7MBit/s) IEEE 802.11a 54MBit/s (realistically around 20 Mbit/s) IEEE 802.11g 54MBit/s (realistically around 20 Mbit/s) IEEE 802.11n 54MBit/s to 600MBit/s
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
- By frederick001 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 19Last Post: 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
- By htown704 in forum Bionic AccessoriesReplies: 14Last Post: 09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
- By calla969 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2011, 12:57 PM
- By aDroidtoRemember in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
- By Chrisy in forum Droid BionicReplies: 11Last Post: 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM