4G blue to white problem

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with their bionics's 4G connection going from Blue to white? My 3g is pretty reliable I always have full bars on 4G but it will go in and out from blue to white?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of the DROID bionic.

Yes, welcome. Lol

You basically have three options as this is a known issue. Easiest is to just lock it into 3G and wait until the official ICS update rolls out (this issue is resolved in ICS). If you're adventurous, you can install a leaked version of ICS instead of waiting. Just read up on the threads here and elsewhere about doing so, and most recommend installing the .232 version. That is the newest you can go and still revert to GB if you ever need/want to. Any version that came out after that had some new coding that prevents you from rolling back to GB. No ifs, ands, or buts. The final option is the insanity method. Many people complain about this issue to Verizon and get replacement Bionics left and right, but always with this same issue. If you know the definition of insanity, you now know why I call this method that name. I have heard of a few people being able to wear Verizon down and swap for a different model all together, so play your cards right and you might get lucky.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
SOMETIMES, when I pull the SIM card for a bit, 4G becomes stable for quite a while...til the next time it goes bonkers. I've had 3 Bionics do the same thing. My wife's Bionic also goes blue/white/blue... it's a sporadic issue for us, but far too common for liking.

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I might have to try getting them to swap for a RAZR maxx, I've also heard about them doing that on rare occasion but thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I asked tech support, and the "retentions" people numerous times for a Maxx. They refused each and every time and claim that they aren't able to offer that phone as a replacement. I know others have gotten the Maxx. I hate verizon (except the network).

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're just recently having this problem, wait it out for a few days. Whenever Verizon does a major 4G expansion, the whole network gets erratic with an increase in random shifts to 3G regardless of how strong your 4G area is, 4G signal stalling and getting hung up briefly, etc. They just did an expansion in past week or so if I recall, and they're in the process of another one.

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
It has been doing it ever since I moved back to Greenville BC for school but that the only place that it happens a lot at so maybe is the cities towers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I travel a lot and I noticed there were areas that 4G was ok, and others that were having your issue, so that is very possible.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't tried the .232 ICS leak I'd suggest taking the plunge. Look on these forums for "House of Bionic" for a super easy script with no app or data loss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even bother with the HoB scripts. It's super easy and relatively safe to do manually, and the scripts just automate the process via additional programs. Read up on the leaks if you're interested. There's a number of good things from going to ICS early.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I still have these problems even on the ICS leaks. I called Verizon last night and it was pretty easy to get them to offer me a choice between nexus, rezound, or incredible 4g. I didn't do it because they were going to make me pay $50 for the battery.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21