Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SamuriHL House of Bionic FAQ (external link)

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...of-bionic-faq/

I just wanted to post this here for anyone who's looking for information. It's a little FAQ I've been putting together to answer common questions that have come up with my 240+ pages of House of Bionic support and other threads I've been a part of. I hope you guys and gals find it useful!
    Last edited by SamuriHL; 10-11-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by 9:
    tribblon likes this.

Default Re: SamuriHL House of Bionic FAQ (external link)

I'm not sure all those FAQ's are accurate.

For example, "Q: Well, that's nice. But don't I need to be rooted to disable those?
    A: Why no! You just go into settings, apps, all apps, select the app, if there's an "uninstall updates" option, do so, then go back in and select disable. How awesome is that? Oh right, that question in the answer thing again. "

I tried numerous apps listed above those instructions, and nary a one has an option to disable. Not so awesome, and AAMOF, i thought a common reason to root was to disable bloatware.

tell me I'm missing something.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    tell me I'm missing something.
    Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Thanked by:
    Tom in Bristol likes this.

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

Thanks SamuriHL and HOB

I used the HOB installer and I am now running the .246 leak (after using the .232 leak for a week).

I am much happier with my Bionic.

Keep up the great work!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks! Glad it worked well for you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Thanks! Glad it worked well for you. Enjoy!
    And Sam posted this 5 minutes before hearing there might (repeat, MIGHT) be a .247 just showed up.
    Sigh.

Edit: Never mind...false alarm...thankfully
    Last edited by Tom in Bristol; 09-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No confirmation. My trusted sources haven't been able to find it on the servers. 246 is the only thing being found.

I can't seem to get approved to post on DF so I'll ask here.

the HoB FAQ says it needs to be on 5.9.905 to go to the ICS build. I'm on 5.7.893, so will HoB get me to .905 then I need to run it again to get to the ICS build?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by akorcovelos View Post
    I can't seem to get approved to post on DF so I'll ask here.

the HoB FAQ says it needs to be on 5.9.905 to go to the ICS build. I'm on 5.7.893, so will HoB get me to .905 then I need to run it again to get to the ICS build?
    More complicated. Use the fxz keep data option first, then upgrade to whatever ics update you want.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by:

wow, super quick response, thanks!

so I run option 2-fxz 905 and keep data, then run it again and install 232?

do I need to manually copy anything to my SD or does the script do everything and I just work through the menus?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

No menus... Just follow along with the script. Yes fxz keep data first, 232 second.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by:

ok, got to 905, but root failed and now my TBpro won't work and some icons are gone. Superuser is still installed on my phone, how do I get root back?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

You didn't do the keep data option? Root can be done in ICS using the HoB. The root method I use doesn't work on GB I don't think. But if you upgrade you can root. Just do NOT restore ANY system data with TiBU or you will royally hose your phone. Apps and app data are fine.
    Thanked by:

yeah I kept data, no worries there. Makes sense if root is lost going to 905, and your root doesn't work on GB. I'm running the 232 install now, then I should be able to root with HoB. Thanks so much for this!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

You're very welcome. Let me know if you run into any problems. Enjoy!

Another question. I ran the 232 option 1, made it to the script where it lists the steps to flash the ICS update from the SD, but 905 is the latest file listed. I don't see the 232 update there, am I supposed to manually copy it to my sd-ext?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

When you said "made it to" you did in fact allow all the steps BEFORE that to run, yes? Cause, it gets transferred to the sdcard-ext in the very first step of the script.

I thought I did. I'm FXZing back to 905 now and I'll run the 232 again and see if it works.

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:16 PM ----------

ok, think I found the problem. I didn't change USB mode back to charge only after flashing to 905. Fixed that, now its asking if I want to put 5.9.905 on SD card, still don't see anything about the 232.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Um, can I see the text of this questioning of this 5.9.905 transfer?

I can post a snipit if this attempt doesn't work, its running now. Is the file I'm supposed to run labeled 5.9.905 then has (67232) at the end of the file name?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Yes.

ok, I flashed the right one then. How long does it take once the *daemon started successfully* command line comes up when rooting? I was supposed to keep going after flashing the file in recovery? The HoB thread says it should stay in AP Fastboot, but the script says to wait for the phone to fully reboot. Mine just stayed in AP so I started rooting while it was still in AP, is that right?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Um, what? I really made this as simple as I possibly could. All you have to do is follow all the directions. Once RSD is finished flashing, the phone stays in AP Fastboot. At that point you're instructed to shut the phone off, hold volume up and down and press power, volume down to select recovery, volume up to select it, volume up and down when the android icon comes up, and then install the update from sdcard in recovery. Wipe the cache, reboot the phone, then when it's fully rebooted, optionally root if you so desire. So, I really don't know what exactly you're doing, but, it doesn't sound like the directions I give in the script.

I did everything you just listed in that order, only difference is when I select reboot phone, it hangs in AP Fastboot and doesn't reboot...
    t ...
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

If it's showing an AP Fastboot error, then you need to use the Repair option.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast