Goodbye Motorola

stefferpants

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who has had the last straw with this whole ICS delay and given up on Motorola?

Patiently waiting for my new S3 to arrive :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went the leak route, now on ICS.246 leak, the phone is now amazing.

I will have no problem waiting for my contract to be up.

Hale34

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
If I wasn't able to install leaks and work around it then I would agree with you. I enjoy tinkering with these things though, and my Bionic rocks now.

Last edited:

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I went and got an s3 last week.....took it back yesterday....was a nice phone but signal can't come close to my bionic on .232.......I won't even think of getting anything but a Motorola for at least a year.....I have had 4 Samsung phones and the rezound and none of them come close to the service I get with the bionic.....enjoy....

highbar81

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If you still think it's Motorola's fault than yeah you are the only one. They have given VZW at least a half a dozen builds of ICS that they have nit picked to hell to stall the OTA. VZW is at fault not Motorola.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are. Goodbye

No. He/she is not. I jumped ship from the Bionic to the Galaxy Nexus for the same reason. Lack of updates was a big killer for me. The Bionic was by far the worst release of a 4g LTE device ever. Announced in early 2011 only to be redesigned and then released in Q3 of that year is ridiculous. And then a month after the Bionics release, the RAZR and Nexus were announced. "Ruler of all Machines" my butt. That didn't last long at all.

You made the right move by going S3.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I went and got an s3 last week.....took it back yesterday....was a nice phone but signal can't come close to my bionic on .232.......I won't even think of getting anything but a Motorola for at least a year.....I have had 4 Samsung phones and the rezound and none of them come close to the service I get with the bionic.....enjoy....

Wow.... Took back the S3 for the Bionic? I loved my Bionic but you are certifiably INSANE! The signal is no where near bad enough to warrant that unless you are just in an awful fringe area. Again, the Bionic was great, but OP made the right move.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No. He/she is not. I jumped ship from the Bionic to the Galaxy Nexus for the same reason. Lack of updates was a big killer for me. The Bionic was by far the worst release of a 4g LTE device ever. Announced in early 2011 only to be redesigned and then released in Q3 of that year is ridiculous. And then a month after the Bionics release, the RAZR and Nexus were announced. "Ruler of all Machines" my butt. That didn't last long at all.

You made the right move by going S3.

I'm sorry, but LOL. That marketing must have really worked on you.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but LOL. That marketing must have really worked on you.

Clearly... that's why I'm on the Galaxy Nexus now. *sigh

/sarcasm off

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and a good signal is important to me.....while I will agree the s3 is a way better phone than the bionic if I cant use the basic features of the phone when I want then its of little use to me......now if I never left my home area it would have been fine.....but like I said the s3, rezound, fascinate, charge, and galaxy nexus just cant compete signal wise with the bionic......hell.....even my blackberrys had better reception than the samsung phones and its very unlikely that I will ever get another one of those.........as far people getting upset over a cell phones operating system......well....that is just sad..........lol

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Also frustrated, I just did the 247 upgrade leak thing using HOB. By no means am I savvy with that kind of stuff but I can honestly say it was extremely easy and it's like I have a new phone. I'm more than content as the phone runs the way it should (faster than ever) I'm actually loving life right now. A bionic running ICS stacks up with anything out there right now.

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, HOB is awesome and the 247 leak makes the Bionic a great phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you still think it's Motorola's fault than yeah you are the only one. They have given VZW at least a half a dozen builds of ICS that they have nit picked to hell to stall the OTA. VZW is at fault not Motorola.

You know, I think the single biggest thing that Apple did to distinguish themselves was to tell the carriers that they get the iPhone as is, no bloat and no carrier control of updates.

Unfortunately Google can't do that yet (Too many platforms) and no Android manufacturer has the clout to do it (Samsung may be getting close).

Maybe Google can do it with Moto in the future. Stupid carriers are going to wind up bottom feeding Apple slaves. Heck, half of VZW smartphone sales are iPhones now, you'd think they would quit doing crap to push their Android users to Apple.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess you are not alone. I have the Photon 4G and thinking to get a SGS3 and might never buy another Motorola device. They really got me mad by telling us we were going to get ICS and all of the sudden, nothing! Motorola can go to hell for all I care!!!

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How much better is it than .232? My plan is to use .232 until the OTA is relased then some kind soul creates a ROM and I install that.

I was having battery issues and touch screen issues with 232.

I moved to 244, and then to 247 when it was available, and all issues were resolved.

My battery lasts all day with normal use, yesterday it went 14 hours before I plugged it in, and still had 40% remaining on it.

Touch screen issues I had on 232 are gone, and the phone is completely stable.

I am also rooted, and using SetCPU, and several other root only apps.

At this point, I don't even feel a need to go to a custom ROM.

Thanks again to SamuriHL and his HOB.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums