6.7.247 ics leak

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This begs the question, so I'll go ahead and ask now... Would those of us on the 232 leak be better off doing a fill fxz to 905 and take the update OTA, or wait until you get HoB set up to handle it?

Obviously not doing anything until the OTA is fully confirmed and not having any major issues like they did with the Razr ICS OTA update.

The House has been set up for it since it leaked. I've been running 247 for a while now. It rocks. I mean truly rocks. And sets us up for jb. ;) Once the soak starts pushing out, one of my many contacts will pull it so I can do my due diligence and verify it is in fact identical to the leak (it will be). I just like to leave nothing to chance.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, with the imminent soak test and pretty much guaranteed .247 being the ota, I took the plunge today with HOB, going forward from .232. Painless, flawless, and I am loving the performance on .247, especially the battery life which does already seem much improved. Thanks Samuri, for all your efforts on our behalf. You rock! :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, sorry about the mix up with the information. My source was a bit confused. The soak acceptance emails will go out sometime this weekend for those who filled out the survey and the soak will start next weekend. OTA the following week.

adinofaries

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, sorry about the mix up with the information. My source was a bit confused. The soak acceptance emails will go out sometime this weekend for those who filled out the survey and the soak will start next weekend. OTA the following w=peek.
so we won't see an ota soak for approximately 8-9 days?

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
For those getting the soak test, is it a clean install or should they do a factory reset ahead of proceeding? Just trying to help those people out!

Shankster

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Those of us on 905 (never rooted or messed with the phone)......should we do a factory reset before accepting the update in the coming weeks ?

Last edited:

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Samuri (or anyone else who may have some insight),
Had a question for you. Now, I noticed a difference in the image or screen quality when I first upgraded to the ics leaks a few months ago, but with. 247 it seems even more pronounced. Colors look vibrant, and the screen even 'feels' more responsive, no lag at all. I know about utilizing the dual-core of the cpu now over gingerbread, just curious if there's anything more to it that you might know? You were right, this rocks!

Again many thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Those of us on 905 (never rooted or messed with the phone)......should we do a factory reset before accepting the update in the coming weeks ?

I would think that if you haven't done anything to your phone you could take the ota as is.

braith

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention- long (LONG) time lurker, first time poster, but signed up just to say- SamuriHL, HoB and your (and many others') posts on the subject have been a FANTASTIC help, not just in getting my Bionic moved to ICS, but in understanding my phone and the process itself so much better.

I have a tendency to read everything about a subject when diving in (my dad used to say "he won't take a until he reads the history of the toilet"), but what it all really boiled down to: 1) reading the instructions, 2) reading the FAQ, 3) a wee bit of digging around to decide whether to go past .232, and 4) following the prompts. Went off without a (okay, with one small) hitch.

So, anyway, thanks so much for your work on this and your help in and around the forums. Huzzah, owe you one, buy you a beer, etc etc. :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samuri (or anyone else who may have some insight),
Had a question for you. Now, I noticed a difference in the image or screen quality when I first upgraded to the ics leaks a few months ago, but with. 247 it seems even more pronounced. Colors look vibrant, and the screen even 'feels' more responsive, no lag at all. I know about utilizing the dual-core of the cpu now over gingerbread, just curious if there's anything more to it that you might know? You were right, this rocks!

Again many thanks!

The gpu driver is updated as well so that in ics apps gpu acceleration is used.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What improvements are there in .247 over .232? .232 has proven to be very stable and is a huge improvement over .905 on my Bionic.

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
What improvements are there in .247 over .232? .232 has proven to be very stable and is a huge improvement over .905 on my Bionic.

The biggest improvements I noticed are with battery life and touch screen performance.

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 247 includes the root-checker that has been talked about? I guess that is what they called it, where there is now a number on I think the home screen that identifies whether or not the phone has ever been rooted, and how many times. If it does, does would that take into account all the times we've previously rooted our phones, or just from here on out?

Thank you.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 247 includes the root-checker that has been talked about? I guess that is what they called it, where there is now a number on I think the home screen that identifies whether or not the phone has ever been rooted, and how many times. If it does, does would that take into account all the times we've previously rooted our phones, or just from here on out?

Thank you.

Yes.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Apparently installing these leaks counts as rooting your phone too. Out of curiosity, I checked my counter and it showed 1/1, meaning I'm currently rooted. Thing is, I haven't rooted my phone in the traditional sense. The only thing about my phone that isn't stock is having ICS on it. I bought it factory new, so it's not like a prior owner could have done it. Being on an unofficial build of Android is the only thing I can think of that would trigger the counter on mine.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
What is the whole point of the counter? I just went from 232 to 247 and did root when prompted after hob & I don't see anything on my homepage, does it matter that I use go launcher? I also downloaded supersu and battery calibration. Will battery calibration help me increase my battery life i feel like i lost when i went from gb to 232 ics? I Also want to thank samurai again for hob what an amazing program, my thanks to you for all your hard work job well done.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't show the counter on the home screen. You have to boot into recovery to see it. Below the recovery options, you'll see some yellow characters.

qe 0/0 Means not rooted/never was.
qe 0/1 Means not currently rooted, but was in the past.
qe 1/1 means currently rooted (and obviously triggers the past count too)

At least that's what I've found, and mine shows up as 1/1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude