Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 6.7.247 ics leak

And another one. WOO HOO. So much for them getting 246 out the door. This may be a good thing though. We'll find out. Nonetheless, I guess the clock resets for another 2-3 weeks on OTA. 11 leaks and counting. Those who want it know where to find it. House of Bionic.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 6.7.247 ics leak

Ridiculous.
    1812dave likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's actually not. It'll end up being a good thing but it's hard to see that from this viewpoint. In a few months, we'll look back and thank them for this move. I know it sucks at the moment, but, trust me, it's not for no reason at all.

ROM
    Stock ICS 6.7.246

Are there any discernible differences between 246 and 247?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Beats me. They don't post changelists. The only info I could get on it says they fixed a bug and added some patch that will help us once JB is ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    ... The only info I could get on it says they fixed a bug and added some patch that will help us once JB is ready to go.
    Sam, where did you get that info?

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

He has a source, if he told you, he'd have to brick your phone.... (then hit you with it)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yea. The info is around but I'm not going to link to it cause the person I got it from doesn't want the source widespread. But, trust me, I have verified the information and it's correct. This move by moto surprised a lot of people. 246 was supposed to be OTA and 247 would have been a patch later, but, with the Atrix 2 rolling out first, I guess moto felt they had time to just roll it all together in one awesome update. After this we'll see JB according to my source.
    Thanked by 2:

Cool. Glad to you so confident for JB.
    I had more hope for an eventual unlocked bootloader (very little hope that is).

By the way, kudos for HoB. I'm very grateful for such a simple way to get back on ota path for updates.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I doubt we'll see an unlocked bootloader. And JB is going to be our last update. But, Moto put in a lot of wrench time to get all the ICS builds unified across the D4/RAZR/Bionic so that future updates would be very simple for them. The RAZR and D4 will get the same patch that's integrated into 247 for us. That'll set the stage for the JB builds to come probably in January or February (MY guess). No one can sit here and say that Moto has neglected the Bionic at this point. 11 builds of ICS shows their commitment to us. VZW, otoh.....I have no love for them.

I think it was neglected when it was first released... and that has left a sour taste in my mouth. I haven't been able to shake it either... I cannot wait for my upgrade!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

That was before Google bought them. Google fired a ton of people this summer and restructured the whole company. Punit Soni is cleaning house and has vowed to make it right. They KNOW Moto sucked. That's WHY the CEO was fired. Give them time. Change this big doesn't happen overnight, but, we can see signs of what's coming. Believe me, I'm honestly impressed with the direction we're headed. Give them a chance.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

once JB is ready to go.
    Love the way that rolls off the keyboard! After the long wait for ICS, to have anybody even mention JB on the BIONIC is music to my ears.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Refugee View Post
    Love the way that rolls off the keyboard! After the long wait for ICS, to have anybody even mention JB on the BIONIC is music to my ears.
    Talking JB on the Bionic is definitely premature at this point, but, at least they're taking steps to make it happen. I mean, Moto is trying VERY hard here. ICS will come soon. I'm hoping the 2nd or 3rd week of October but it could be after that. Once that happens, then they can start working on all the JB builds they have to create. The RAZR M and RAZR HD will obviously be first. Followed by the RAZR/D4/Bionic which should, IMO, happen pretty close together. ICS has been absolutely AMAZING. I was ready to go on 242 and it's only improved since then. I think once everyone's on 247 they will be very pleased with what Moto has accomplished.

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

So far I am very happy with my Bionic on ICS and 247 works very well.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

I've been happy on 232, but sometimes go back and forth on breaking through the wall to the non-revertable leaks to see what new tweaks are out. Since I haven't had any issues so far (nothing major anyway, just a couple annoyances), I guessing the "I may need to go back to 905 because of a problem" is kind of a non-issue at this point?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

It depends on your comfort level. I tell most people they should have the safety net of being able to FXZ back to 905. But here's the thing....I've been working on the HoB since June. The thing has been battle tested by over 1200 users (yea, seriously). I've moved us forward through _11_ leaks so far. 247 is "probably" going to be OTA at this point. (I know, I said that about 246 but moto surprised everyone with this 247 leak). The process to move forward is proven by not just Bionic users but also the RAZR and D4 users. If you need the safety net of being able to FXZ to 905, stay on 232. If you can accept a bit of risk, 247 is a great build. I recommend a factory reset coming from such early builds as 232. It'll give you a better experience. So, up to you, but, I'm about to put out a new HoB version that speeds up the process in a few minutes.
    Hale34 likes this.

Oh the dreaded factory reset. That's the one thing I don't do unless I have to. I'm not willing to give up my game save data to update. The way I see it, may as well try it without first, backing up what I can. If something happens, I can address it then and be in the same place as if I reset before. If not, I still have everything. I did clear system cache first before 232, but the update went smooth without the reset.
    Thanked by:
    niroc 
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

If you're rooted just backup your apps (no system data) with rom toolbox pro or TiBU. Then restore them after the factory reset. Apps are ok. System data is where we get into trouble.

I've tried saveshare for saving game data and that works great for all of the major games. When I went to 232 I used it and it worked perfect.

I'm not fully opposed to rooting, just hesitant in case something does go wrong that isn't related, but requires exchange. So my issue with that is more with the un-rooting. XD

Still, thanks for the replies.

Samuri:

Of im on 246 now can i sdcard update to 247?

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Definitely not. ICS updates are designed to only install on top of 905. You really truly need to read my FAQ and HoB OP before you get yourself into trouble. These are dangerous builds to be messing with unless you know exactly what you're doing. You can't FXZ from these.
    Thanked by:

.246 made a huge difference in Battery life over .244, so far .247 is following .246 in good battery use, although I'm still on my first charge cycle with .247. I'm still seeing some Bluetooth issues with my Toyota Entune system that .905 does not have after my truck is turned off. (Bluetooth doesn't turn off on the phone even though the truck is fully turned off.) All in all I'm happy with the battery improvements that I'm seeing. (Launch day Bionic at 1Ghz)
    Thanked by:
    Lefty Drummer likes this.

ROM
    .246 ICS

It depends on your comfort level. I tell most people they should have the safety net of being able to FXZ back to 905. But here's the thing....I've been working on the HoB since June. The thing has been battle tested by over 1200 users (yea, seriously). I've moved us forward through _11_ leaks so far. 247 is "probably" going to be OTA at this point. (I know, I said that about 246 but moto surprised everyone with this 247 leak). The process to move forward is proven by not just Bionic users but also the RAZR and D4 users. If you need the safety net of being able to FXZ to 905, stay on 232. If you can accept a bit of risk, 247 is a great build. I recommend a factory reset coming from such early builds as 232. It'll give you a better experience. So, up to you, but, I'm about to put out a new HoB version that speeds up the process in a few minutes.
    Samuri, I've been debating the past few days about taking the plunge forward (like many I've been on 232 for awhile and quite happy, save for battery life). When you say "safety net", what would you be referring to? And, now that there have been so many leaks forward, besides not being able to go back, what risks would you be referring to?
    Thanks in advance, and thanks for all your hard work and advice to all of us, much appreciated! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast