"No SIM Card" issue

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else had an issue with their Bionics randomly losing service and stating that there is "No SIM Card"? It happens about 3x a day or sometimes more. I have to keep restarting the phone. I rarely take the back cover off and I think the SIM card is under the battery so I don't know how it could get messed up. Could it be my phone? I've had it since day one of release with no such issues before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It could have vibrated loose from its contacts. Try powering down, popping the back and battery, then pulling and reinstalling both the SIM and SD cards. Reinstall the battery and back, power back up -- any difference?

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It could have vibrated loose from its contacts. Try powering down, popping the back and battery, then pulling and reinstalling both the SIM and SD cards. Reinstall the battery and back, power back up -- any difference?

I really appreciate your response.. I just did what you suggested; I'll know for sure by the end of tomorrow... I'll update then.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, so far so good.. I was reluctant to remove the SIM Card in fear of it not working at all. But, its been over a day with no issues!

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've had this problem several time but not as frequently as you described. A reboot fixes it but it hasn't happened in a while now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to have this issue again since removing and re inserting the SIM Card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36