Goodbye Webtop!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Confirmed what we already knew a month ago. :(

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-hd/207442-webtop-board-webtop-dead.html

The Atrix HD is missing from their note:

Unfortunately, the execution wasn't so smooth and sales were disappointing. Motorola, a unit of Google, said today that adoption wasn't strong enough to justify devoting more resources to the project. Webtop will no longer appear on phones, starting with the Photon Q, Droid Razr M, Droid Razr HD, and Droid Razr Maxx HD.

ICS made Webtop much more user-friendly.

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
ICS made Webtop much more user-friendly.

Yes, but they broke several things on the laptop dock while they fixed other things. Even the home screen is broken- icons don't display correctly. At least I only paid 70 something for it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but they broke several things on the laptop dock while they fixed other things. Even the home screen is broken- icons don't display correctly. At least I only paid 70 something for it.

I don't recall any broken icons in the default home screen of Webtop 3.0. Could you elaborate?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Running on .232 webtop with the laptop dock, only a handfull of icons display on the homescreen. Had to use the app drawer to launch pretty much anything. Will post a photo if I have time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Running on .232 webtop with the laptop dock, only a handfull of icons display on the homescreen. Had to use the app drawer to launch pretty much anything. Will post a photo if I have time.

It's a new homescreen. Were you expecting the icons you set on your phone homescreens to show up in the Webtop homescreens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781