Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story

Just an fyi guys. Have had persistent data drop and LTE signal issues, went through several sim cards and 2 phones and last week finally called vzw and just demanded a RAZR as a replacement. The rep told me "that's not gonna happen," but asked his supervisor, and all of a sudden it was done.

Again, not knocking the bionic or anything, but this is amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Default Re: Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikin View Post
    Just an fyi guys. Have had persistent data drop and LTE signal issues, went through several sim cards and 2 phones and last week finally called vzw and just demanded a RAZR as a replacement. The rep told me "that's not gonna happen," but asked his supervisor, and all of a sudden it was done.

Again, not knocking the bionic or anything, but this is amazing.

RAZR, not RAZR MAXX, right?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Yes, Razr, if I'd had any sense I'd have pushed for the maxx, but honestly, compared to my bionic I'm getting far better battery life even with just the RAZR

Talked with VZW yesterday again about my constant problems with my Bionic and they offered me the RAZR for free or the MAXX for $100. I politely declined and explained I didn't believe it was fair to have purchased the Bionic for fair to $299 and now have to purchase the MAXX for another $100 on top of that. They are now sending me a MAXX free of charge. Sorry Bionic but a year of your problems is enough......now I need to off load some accessories I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lritch View Post
    Talked with VZW yesterday again about my constant problems with my Bionic and they offered me the RAZR for free or the MAXX for $100. I politely declined and explained I didn't believe it was fair to have purchased the Bionic for fair to $299 and now have to purchase the MAXX for another $100 on top of that. They are now sending me a MAXX free of charge. Sorry Bionic but a year of your problems is enough......now I need to off load some accessories I guess.
    Did you have to send your bionic back to Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yes I will

Were you required to sign a new 2-year agreement?

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

The New RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD release in 7 days.

If I did try to trade up, it would be for one of these.

But I am very happy with my Bionic on ICS so not sure if I need to at this time. I want to see what comes up, would love a Quad Core on Jelly Bean and hoping that will be an option by May 2013 when I am eligible for an upgrade.

Gadge no I did not sign a new agreement.....now I must figure out how to sell off some DB accessories
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story UPDATE - Got it swapped for a MAXX

After reading the replies and several similar threads I called back and called foul...
    Got escalated through THREE levels of support Reps (never made it past tier 2 before ;-)
    And... After nearly 90 minutes of holding my ground the MAXX will be here Tuesday.

It shouldn't have to work like this but honestly all I wanted was what I thought I was paying for with the BIONIC, an LTE device that actually holds a signal, that I can leave the house with for more than 3 hours at a time.

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Had the same problem as OP... Constant data drops just started about 3 weeks ago. 4g/ 3g will not stay connected. At first they gave me the "droves of iphone5 users" excuse but that didn't explain why my wife or any of my co-workers weren't having problems. After swapping sim cards to work I just got a warranty replacement this weekend. Worked the first day but now in having dropouts again. Sounds like this is a bionic only issue?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It is one thing I will give vzw, they swap out devices like candy. I started with a fascinate I got for a dollar on black Friday. They swapped it for a charge, then that for a rezound then the rezound for a sgs3. No new contract, no upgrades, no fees.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpscott02 View Post
    Worked the first day but now in having dropouts again. Sounds like this is a bionic only issue.
    From what I've read, it mostly is. The good news is they fixed it in the ICS update. This forum is filled with posts from people that installed the ICS leaks that have raved about that and other performance improvements (myself included). Sure, installing unofficial "updates" isn't for everyone, but the better news is the soak test for the OTA ICS update is about to begin and could expect a full rollout in about two weeks or so from the sounds of it.

I'm surprised VZW would still be exchanging Bionics for this issue, instead of telling people to be patient for a few more weeks with the fix coming. I suggest you wait and see how you like ICS on the Bionic before you fight for a different phone.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Customer service doesn't know the update schedule at all. They were swapping out fascinates WHILE the fix was rolling out for the radio issues

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Thanks! I'll wait it out. Swapping phones is a pain unrooted

I didn't get a razr, I got a gnex. Hello jelly bean
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

nice! didn't think to ask for that. But, i left the house yesterday at 5:30am, had rooted the night before, but was setting up, downloading apps, streaming music and audio books, fairly heavy use day. When all was said and done at 11:30 that night i still had 40% battery life left!

I'm sold on this phone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Question Re: Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story

If I might intrude upon this thread.. was your phone out of warranty and did you contact Verizon or the Insurance to make a trade? My phone has been having issues with internet & gps, and when I was at the store they said since it's out of factory warranty so they can't do anything. I'll be able to get the early upgrade by December I was told and hope to get the Razr HD...

So if I'm going to pay 100 or so just to trade for an older model (hearing so many complaints about bionic replacements makes me hesitant to ask for one) would it be better just to toss the phone and forget it?
    Or maybe see what they can replace it with and give that phone to my mom (whos looking to get her first data phone)?
    Or even better, if I wait a bit would I be able to pay an up charge and upgrade to the Razr HD?

Thanks for any information y'all can give me!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I bought my bionic on release day last September, so 13 months ago. I guess i don't even know how long the warranty lasts, but i called Verizon, not Assurian (the phoned insurance place that Verizon uses)... That being said, this was my 3rd device, so not sure if that somehow extends your warranty...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ellusionz View Post
    If I might intrude upon this thread.. was your phone out of warranty and did you contact Verizon or the Insurance to make a trade? My phone has been having issues with internet & gps, and when I was at the store they said since it's out of factory warranty so they can't do anything. I'll be able to get the early upgrade by December I was told and hope to get the Razr HD...

So if I'm going to pay 100 or so just to trade for an older model (hearing so many complaints about bionic replacements makes me hesitant to ask for one) would it be better just to toss the phone and forget it?
    Or maybe see what they can replace it with and give that phone to my mom (whos looking to get her first data phone)?
    Or even better, if I wait a bit would I be able to pay an up charge and upgrade to the Razr HD?

Thanks for any information y'all can give me!
    Had the same problems as you but I was under warranty. My replacement bionic still has Internet drops (which I found on this thread is a bionic issue that "should" get fixed with ics) but it doesn't have the gps problems anymore.
    As for replacing the phone - they're gonna want that old one back. Unless I'm misunderstanding what u want to do there.

As for upgrading, it's up to you if u want to pay $100 for the bionic or $200/$300 for something newer and renew contract is up to you

Quote Originally Posted by rpscott02 View Post
    Had the same problems as you but I was under warranty. My replacement bionic still has Internet drops (which I found on this thread is a bionic issue that "should" get fixed with ics) but it doesn't have the gps problems anymore.
    As for replacing the phone - they're gonna want that old one back. Unless I'm misunderstanding what u want to do there.

As for upgrading, it's up to you if u want to pay $100 for the bionic or $200/$300 for something newer and renew contract is up to you

Meant giving the new phone they gave me to my mom after I upgrade in a couple months Don't think this old troublesome Bionic will be worth letting her use.

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Oh, right. Well that still might work with the bionic. Might be worth it to see if ics fixes our problems

My phone was still in warranty because It was replaced the warranty extended

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Add me to the list. First Bionic's headphone jack didn't work. 2nd Bionic kept shutting off and required a battery pull each time. Demanded a different device. Thier first offer: Droid Incredible 4G. Refused. 2nd offer: Samsung Charge. Refused. 3rd offer: Droid Razr. Accepted. Loving it so far. Plus the battery seems to last longer than the Bionic too.

long story short:

had trouble with headphone whine. called verizon a few days ago. they immediately offered me a Razr. I said Maxx? they said yes

I got the Maxx today. after getting it activated, I made a call (to verizon no less). the speakerphone had a high pitched buzz or vibration or whatever u want to call it. awful. I told them put my bionic back in service and I'll deal with this after vacation. now I have to send the Razr back, but am waiting on a fed ex label. they'll probably screw me over like last time I swapped phones--bill me for over $700 for "non return of phone" despite the fact the last bionic I sent them back, sat in their returns dept for WEEKS. gawd, I hate verizon. they admitted they knew they HAD the phone. but the returns dept still didn't want to issue a credit. WTH??? Five phone calls, and hours wasted, to get the charge off of my bill. f me.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast