ear speaker problem

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am on the third Bionic and having the same problem. Randomly, the ear speaker quits working. When it happens, I can put it on speaker phone, and it works great. It is very random, one day it works great, one day it might happen some time during the day and last for hours. Other days it happens on the first call and lasts the whole day. Other days it is fine all day. I'm at my wits end.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate suggestions.
Errol

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I had one that had to be replaced because the ear speaker buzzed (sounded like my callers were talking through a kazoo), but this sounds like it's actually cutting out. The fact that it has happened on three different phones causes me to ask whether there might be a software application installed that is taking over that output channel. Did all the phones behave this way out of the box?

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No WebOS,
I've had the current one for 2 1/2 months. Just one day it will work, and another day it won't. It happened one time with this phone about a month ago, quit and has been fine since until this last week has happened twice this week. Battery pull has no effect on it when it decides to happen. On the phone prior to this one, it quit and never came back.
Errol

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The phone could randomly "think" a headset is plugged in and shut off the earpiece and/or speaker. Try cleaning it out. Some use a pipe cleaner or air canister.
You could also try an app named SoundAbout .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax