Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Soak Test Begins....

Just got my survery...

Default Re: The Soak Test Begins....

which begs the question...where are the instructions to get back to .905?
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beef5stew View Post
    which begs the question...where are the instructions to get back to .905?
    You'll basically need the Motorola USB drivers, RSD Lite, and the 905 full flash file. Process should take about 15 to 20 mins.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

For those who need to flash back, do they need to do it quickly, before Moto enters their MEIDs in the database? How quickly might that happen?

Wouldn't it be cool if the soak was for 4.1 rather than whatever it is? Not gonna happen, but one can dream!

Flashed back last night. And that would be awesome if it was fir JB!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Do you guys think we really need to unroot for the soak?
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adin99 View Post
    It's probably best to be as stock as possible.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

so is 247 the soak build?

Quote Originally Posted by adin99 View Post
    Actually, it might be useful to Motorola for somebody to take the SOAK while rooted, to see if it will cause problems for rooted users when it is distributed.

And, just as an FYI, receiving an email from Motorola does not mean that a SOAK test is imminent. I have a Droid 3 (used to have a Bionic) and it was weeks between the email and when the SOAK test was finally done. I doubt that will happen in this case, but it may be a while before the test actually happens.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I got the email, I registered, and got the confirmation email that I wold get another email if selected. Until that time I'm staying on .232.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Just a test, but I tried a manual update via settings - about phone - system updates.

It didn't update, but it did take about 5 times longer to tell me device is up to date - no update necessary.

Also running 100% stock.

The latest info I have (subject to change) is that soak confirmation emails are supposed to go out this weekend (today?), the soak test itself will start on Friday (10/19), with the ota to start the following week. The soak will be for 6.7.247 ics. That's all I know.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by 3:
    gwhizkids likes this.

Yes. The email said to do it soon or there might be problems.

Yes. The email said to do it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    The latest info I have (subject to change) is that soak confirmation emails are supposed to go out this weekend (today?), the soak test itself will start on Friday (10/19), with the ota to start the following week. The soak will be for 6.7.247 ics. That's all I know.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    So, I have not seen any posts anywhere saying a confirmation email had been sent. Any word on that?

Nope. They technically have until Thursday to send out the confirmation emails. I'll keep my eyes open.

Samurai I am on the .232 leak would you recommend me to use the house of bionic to downgrade back to .905 or use the house of bionic to go directly to the 247 leak?

That's a choice only you can make. Either is an acceptable choice.
    omahamatt likes this.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I'm on 232 and plan to go back to stock 905 then install the update. My question is I have installed ROM toolbox and have changed the icons for gps, vibrate etc. I backed up the stock icons but they don't seem to be working. Will going back to 905 restore these or will this effect the update?

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Android Central Forums

Using the House of Bionic to downgrade you to 905 will restore everything to stock. Any custom modifications you've made will be wiped out. There is something I want both of you to understand, however. And this is important. DO NOT try to return to 905 while keeping your data. Once on ICS, your system data has been upgraded in such a way as to make it incompatible with 905. If you simply downgrade using the 905 FXZ KEEP DATA option in the HoB, you're going to cause more problems for yourself than you care to deal with. Backup your apps with Rom Toolbox Pro or TiBU, do a 905 FXZ FULL with the HoB, then restore *APPS AND APP DATA ONLY*. If you fail to heed my advice on this and have system stability problems down the road, well, know you've been warned.
    adinofaries likes this.

I know too well in regards to not doing the .905 keep data option, had a bricked phone over the weekend.. not fun let me tell you lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC (4.0.4 build .247)

It seems like the logical choice is just to go right to the 247 leak which since it will be Ota no point in going back to 905 just to accept the Verizon Ota update. Going from 232 to 247 with hob does not impact your apps/data correct no losses there?

I may come off sounding borderline psychotic with all my warnings, but, people need to understand that as the author of the House of Bionic serving well over 1200 people, I've seen a lot of....."inexperience". And worse I've seen that combined with a downright apathetic approach to doing things with their phone. You tell them to read before doing, and you get an almost "how DARE you tell me to read anything before I do something" attitude back. And 15 minutes later they're asking you things like "my phone boots to AP Fastboot and has an error. How do I fix that?" And then you start to see me give smart@$$ responses like "I don't know, perhaps that menu option that says Repair AP Fastboot ERROR could be handy in a situation like this?" The problem with this situation...going back to GB from ICS and keeping data....is that it's subtle. It MIGHT work. Or you will likely see errors that you think are "OMGZ PONIES GB SUCKS!" but are in fact caused by corrupt system data making your life a living hell. I wrote the HoB based on principles that preserve your data when possible. This is not one the scenarios I wanted to add. People asked me to. And they got my warnings...and ignored them. So, if I sound rather vocal about my advice.....just know it comes from a place of trying to keep you out of trouble.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Manofsteel927 View Post
    It seems like the logical choice is just to go right to the 247 leak which since it will be Ota no point in going back to 905 just to accept the Verizon Ota update. Going from 232 to 247 with hob does not impact your apps/data correct no losses there?
    We don't know for a FACT that 247 will be OTA. I'm personally convinced with the evidence I've seen that it will be, but, if you're looking for guarantees about that, you'll find none here. That being said, I'm on 247. And yes, the HoB can move you forward without corrupting your data. If you have existing corrupt data, this won't fix it. Meaning people who have problems with their phone and are looking to "update to fix it" are just bringing their problems to a new build. But if you're rock solid you'll be fine going forward.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast