ICS 246

omahamatt

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Bionic might not be getting JB. As .247 added the ability for a future update to JB. Altho, I've read that .247 might be a patch that will be pushed after .246 get OTA'd. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the Bionic might not be getting JB. As .247 added the ability for a future update to JB. Altho, I've read that .247 might be a patch that will be pushed after .246 get OTA'd. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Not quite...the .247 version was ICS with a patch to prep for JB.
The version .246 is ICS only and this choice appears to render JB on the Bionic (ahem) moot.
There would have to be a new version number assigned IF there will ever be a separate patch to prep .246 for JB.

Sigh.

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is one of those cases where Google/Motorola is being forced to bend to the will of the carriers. Considering the news RAZRs aren't even shipping with JB, I imagine Verizon wasn't willing to let a year-old phone get its hands on an OS that would either put it on par with or exceed their newest phones. After all, they need to have at least one carrot to dangle in front of us--a carrot attached to a very expensive new 2-year contract.

pdredman72

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I am so happy! I am doing cart wheels! Finally my phone won't be a pos! I am surprised though as everyone was sure it was gonna be 247?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
On the leaked 246 with the help of HOB!

Whether we get JB on the Bionic or not, ICS makes the Bionic a great phone, and if you want JB now, get a custom ROM.

If you need to be on the latest software all the time, go with a Nexus for your next phone.

For me, I have been very happy with my Bionic on ICS for some time now, thanks to SamuriHL and the House of Bionic.

pdredman72

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I guess they are not ready yet as I tried but this is worse then when I was a kid waiting for Santa clause to come? Wished I was a little smarter with my computer skills so I could have done it myself a long time ago but I am learning and will be confident soon to dive in and root then remove a lot of bloat I don't want or need! I want to say thank you again to all the bionic owners who take the time to help us non computer generation...

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just downgraded from 247, and so far I really don't notice any difference.
I went from 232 to 247 a while ago, and the biggest improvements were with battery life and touch screen response.
I believe the only difference between 246 and 247, is that 247 included the prep for JB.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add my 2 cents, I just downshifted to .246 with HOB keeping data intact. As Martha used to say, it's a beautiful thing. Thanks again Samuri!
:)

Lefty

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
speaking of touch screen responsiveness

im running .2233 and ive noticed that my screen bugs out when im typing and its charging. it starts randomly pressing buttons that I am not. my friend that has a D4 with ICS noticed the same issue. is anyone else experiencing this?

its really annoying....lets say im typing "hi"....it decides to type something else and then automatically sends the text and calls that person....SO annoying

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

im running .2233 and ive noticed that my screen bugs out when im typing and its charging. it starts randomly pressing buttons that I am not. my friend that has a D4 with ICS noticed the same issue. is anyone else experiencing this?

its really annoying....lets say im typing "hi"....it decides to type something else and then automatically sends the text and calls that person....SO annoying

I have this exact same issue and I'm completely stock. It is very annoying. Im still on. 905

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Is this the case with all chargers you're using?