OTA underway

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
why are you all messing with bricking your phones, just a few more hours and the OTA will roll out to everyone...maybe a day at the latest

I've already updated to 232, weeks ago. Still wondering if there's any long term, future upgrade capable benefit to going back to 905 to take the OTA or if going through HOB is exactly the same thing.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've already updated to 232, weeks ago. Still wondering if there's any long term, future upgrade capable benefit to going back to 905 to take the OTA or if going through HOB is exactly the same thing.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Q: If I updated to the 232 ICS build, how do I get back on the OTA path?
A: 1 of 2 ways. Use the HoB to update to the OTA build OR FXZ to 905 (do NOT attempt to keep data) and take the OTA

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
DON'T ask me how many people can't read directions and screwed up. Once the OTA is done, people are not going to like how the House of Bionic is supported going forward. It was not meant for people to have a push the button tool. And it seems WAY too many people just load it up and start pressing buttons figuring I'll just hand hold them through the steps when they end up bricking their phone. So no, it's not all sunshine and roses I'm afraid.

I hear ya, certainly did not mean to imply that. Just trying to give a shout-out for your efforts, that if one does read AND follow directions then you could be good to go. I cannot imagine the private messages you get, based on the public ones we see. To say they test your patience is an understatement, I'm sure.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You have NO idea. I want this OTA to be over SOOOOO badly so I can make changes to how the HoB is supported. People who think they're going to use it to breeze through JB leaks are going to not like the end result. I really can't spend another 4 months doing the kind of support I've been doing. People are going to take responsibility for their own actions and when they f it up, well, too bad. Figure it out and fix it. Once I get the 246 FXZ the game changes. Not for the benefit of the lazy I'm afraid.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just randomly checked for an update and got it!! In Southern CA.. No soak test.. No root.. 9:27pm PST CHECK!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, Internet cut out and it just says "Download Suspended. Will Resume Shortly" its at 18%..Anyone know how long until it will resume? It's killing me! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I reset my phone (last thing I wanted to do) and retried it.. 4G connection dropped and same error.. I forgot to switch to wifi again..

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine just says (an update is being downloaded, you will be notified when download is complete)

Is anyone else doing this? That's all its doing no notification.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, after resetting the phone and restarting twice, I have a flashing grey triangle in my status bar (which I have never seen) and it says its downloading.. But its been at 1% for quite some time now.. Way longer than it took to get to 18% the first time before the internet cut out.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine just says (an update is being downloaded, you will be notified when download is complete)

Is anyone else doing this? That's all its doing no notification.

Mine has that issue now

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, something's up.

My download has been stuck on 96% for a couple hours now. I'm going to bed. Maybe it will fix itself by morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance