DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
First take on NOW. On my PC ( which is signed into my gmail account) I did a search for an establishment in a local town. I then got in my car and started to drive, checked my phone and saw there was a notification that I was only x minutes away from the place I searched. Crazy. Very efficient though. OBrein wish he had this tech

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the speed dial setting are gone from jb. Where you could assign a long press to a number on the dial pad. I liked that feature.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
One quirk that bugs me... when I end a phone call, instead of taking me back to what I was doing when the phone rang, it takes me to the recent calls page.

Unless I'm simply overlooking it, I cannot find a setting that would change this...

roadpizza73

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the buggers knocked us down to only one reminder-notification/calendar event. Booo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mojomanny

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Long time lurker who has read every post of the thread. My update went fine and I have JB and root.

Thank you
I want to thank each of you for your participation in this forum. It has helped me get more out of my phone.

Sam...Your passion, insight and willing to help the others is remarkable and appreciated. Thank you for all you have done for all Bionic users and I do hope you will tell us what you choose for a new phone (beyond the freebie)

Proud to be Boston Strong!

Harmageddon

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I just have a quick question. Since this is the last update that we are getting, would we be able to flash a rom over stock or still need to use a rom slot. was thinking of using the AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2 rom. Now that we have atleast a JB base do you think that there are going to be better JB roms in the near future? Thanks for any replys.

Ratamacue2

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I just have a quick question. Since this is the last update that we are getting, would we be able to flash a rom over stock or still need to use a rom slot. was thinking of using the AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2 rom. Now that we have atleast a JB base do you think that there are going to be better JB roms in the near future? Thanks for any replys.
It's possible to flash a custom ROM in the stock slot now, I believe. And now that there is a JB kernel for the Bionic the aftermarket firmware will definitely improve. Things like the speakerphone bug should be history pretty soon.

matriX1218

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
4.2.2 is also possible because it uses same kernel....

Waiting for a rom that can be flashed to stock.

sent from my DROID BIONIC via Reliance Wireless

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
4.2.2 is also possible because it uses same kernel....

Waiting for a rom that can be flashed to stock.

sent from my DROID BIONIC via Reliance Wireless

Since there is no root exploit wouldn't flashing a ROM be a one time ticket?

Lighting Guy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
One quirk that bugs me... when I end a phone call, instead of taking me back to what I was doing when the phone rang, it takes me to the recent calls page.

Unless I'm simply overlooking it, I cannot find a setting that would change this...

This has been bugging the crap out of me too. A setting to change this would be awesome...

Lighting Guy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed one of my nightly smart actions isn't working any more. The other 2 regularly used ones seem to work fine so that's weird. I'll probably just recreate the one that isn't working...

I've seen the GUI wifi blah blah error as well, I'll try to forget my home wifi and find it again. Thanks for that hint.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
People need to stick with safestrap else you will screw up your phone and lose root fixing it. Bootstrap flashing (even restoring a nandroid) will give you an encryption error and soft brick your phone. Don't say I didn't warn you. Do NOT use bootstrap on jb.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I am having a huge problem I did a nandroid backup using bootstrap and it completed the backup which is on my ext sd card the problem is my phone wont boot I got a screen that says encryption unsuccessful and tells me to reset phone but the phone wont reset. It just keeps going back to the same screen I need help I don't want to FXZ and lose root if possible. Is there a way to get into CWM recovery and restore my backup.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY - been checking every hour or so for the OTA update to push, and i've finally gotten it. was getting jealous of seeing everyone partake in the JB goodness. stock, launch day bionic. terrible problems with slowdown and battery life over the past couple of months. i was ready to throw in the towel but hopefully JB gives me a few more solid months with this phone

1800collect

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lapdock 500, and it turns my phone into a netbook, but with a tablet interface. I can plug in an external mouse, external monitor (which I haven't tried since updating to JB as the ICS functionality in this regard was a bit flakey), as well as hardwired ethernet. Even can plug in USB storage (flash drivers and external USB) for easy transfer of files.

I have it setup at work so I can watch my personal mail and browse without going through the corporate firewalls and such. Quite handy,

Do you know any cool key commands for the lapdock? I got one but never use it. I'd like a page down (when browsing the web) and page left and right key command (when trying to move screens on the homescreen). If I could learn that I may sell my Nexus 7.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you know any cool key commands for the lapdock? I got one but never use it. I'd like a page down (when browsing the web) and page left and right key command (when trying to move screens on the homescreen). If I could learn that I may sell my Nexus 7.

Page up/down is Fn up arrow/down arrow. I've not found one for side scrolling.

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I'm screwed. Voodoo shows I'm rooted. Super user shows I'm rooted but it won't update the binary. Using es file explorer I can get to the root directory but when I install titanium backup it says I'm not rooted. Already updated to jb.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs