Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree829Likes

Default Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Main reason I want Jelly Bean is Google Now. I start my day with Google Now on my Nexus 7 to immediately check traffic conditions to work.
    Me too. The idea of information before you ask for it is very compelling. This is only the beginning and probably the next frontier in computing.

Also looking forward to Project Butter. Phone has been laggy, esp. since ICS

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    Me too. The idea of information before you ask for it is very compelling. This is only the beginning and probably the next frontier in computing.

Also looking forward to Project Butter. Phone has been laggy, esp. since ICS
    Did you happen to do a factory reset at all after update? I know this shouldn't be needed with an update, but mine was running really laggy too. So I eventually did a factory reset and it fixed a lot of problems. However, I've noticed again over the last couple of days sometimes it gets laggy. I usually just restart my phone and it makes things a little better. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AllPurposeRadio View Post
    I can only hope the X-Phone has power the button on top volume rocker on the side design of my Bionic & not both on the side like the Razr. That's really poor design IMO.
    You won't agree when you try and use a 5 inch phone with a power button on top. Its impossible to hit it without contorting your hand. Samsung gets a lot wrong with their phones, but the power button on the side is a great idea for bigger devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Ry likes this.

that's an easy fix. just pick your phone up in a higher position. i'll take the power button on top over the side ANY day.

and THIS just in. out of the top 10 manufactures. moto came in at the bottom in sales last year. just slightly below sony, and lenovo.

samsung topped out. beating apple by 200 % which came in 3rd behind nokia.

Quote Originally Posted by zachthebomb13 View Post
    Did you happen to do a factory reset at all after update? I know this shouldn't be needed with an update, but mine was running really laggy too. So I eventually did a factory reset and it fixed a lot of problems. However, I've noticed again over the last couple of days sometimes it gets laggy. I usually just restart my phone and it makes things a little better. Just an idea.
    Thanks! Yes, I eventually did do a factory reset. Helped a bit. Phone is not awful; just a bit sluggish feeling at times. Restarting does help, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    and THIS just in. out of the top 10 manufactures. moto came in at the bottom in sales last year. just slightly below sony, and lenovo.

samsung topped out. beating apple by 200 % which came in 3rd behind nokia.
    Do you have a link with that info? I just want to see it too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #307  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,028 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AllPurposeRadio View Post
    I can only hope the X-Phone has power the button on top volume rocker on the side design of my Bionic & not both on the side like the Razr. That's really poor design IMO.
    When phones get that large, it makes perfect sense to move the power button away from the top.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Ok fair enough I can maybe understand on larger devices not being on the top, but then how about or opposite sides or if they are going to be on the same side a little bit of space between the 2. On my wife's Razr they are like right on top of one another and it makes it very easy to hit the power button to lock it when you want to turn the volume up or vice versa.

being as how my hands reach on the sides. i'd rather have the top. where the button gets pushed when I push it. and not from just reaching it.

engadget.com is where you'll find the phone sales for last year and quarter.
    roadpizza73 likes this.

Thanks for the engadget tip.

Power button isn't too important for me, however I would like it on the top if I were to choose. What I do want to see is the micro usb and micro hdmi (any word on if it will have this) on the side like on the bionic. My wife has the razr maxx, and I hate those two ports on the top. And I really don't want them on the bottom either.
    roadpizza73 likes this.

Moto actually came in 9th for the year, 10th for the 4th Quarter. Still not good though. Hopefully the xphone can turn things around. But they have a hard path ahead of them still.

Gartner Says Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales Declined 1.7 Percent in 2012
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #312  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,028 Global Posts

Moto actually came in 9th for the year, 10th for the 4th Quarter. Still not good though. Hopefully the xphone can turn things around. But they have a hard path ahead of them still.

Gartner Says Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales Declined 1.7 Percent in 2012
    And still ahead of HTC.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

And still ahead of HTC.
    Not the greatest accomplishment though... And I believe HTC is still slightly profitable, Moto isn't.

Not the greatest accomplishment though... And I believe HTC is still slightly profitable, Moto isn't.
    That may not be moto's fault, entirely. No, I can't elaborate, but, suffice it to say things will likely change on that front.
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Moto X Developer Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    That may not be moto's fault, entirely. No, I can't elaborate, but, suffice it to say things will likely change on that front.
    I thought they were loosing money before Google bought them. Either way, I know they weren't in good shape before they were bought. And i hope they emerge as the lean, mean, machine we all hope them to be.

I thought they were loosing money before Google bought them. Either way, I know they weren't in good shape before they were bought. And i hope they emerge as the lean, mean, machine we all hope them to be.
    They were. But as I said, it may not be entirely their fault. It's complicated and I'm not able to elaborate on it. Just know that things are going to change under Google. For the better.
    Moto X Developer Edition

They were. But as I said, it may not be entirely their fault. It's complicated and I'm not able to elaborate on it. Just know that things are going to change under Google. For the better.
    Interesting. I'm sure it's an interesting story that we shall all never know, like many of of Motos stories. BTW, any more news on if they are updating the RAZR anytime soon?

Soon is a relative term. But yes, the builds are coming. I'm told it'll be build 18 all around...meaning D4, RAZR, and Bionic. D4 build 18 is in testing. Not the case for the other 2 so I don't know when the builds will be pushing out.
    Moto X Developer Edition
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #319  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,028 Global Posts

But they've got Google money now.

But they've got Google money now.
    More than you know. The X phone will show just what that means. I can't wait for Google I/O this year.
    Moto X Developer Edition
    debonu and roadpizza73 like this.

BTW it looks like 98.72.19 is being tested for bionic now. That may not be the build we end up with. Not really sure at this point. But hey, progress is good right?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    Moto X Developer Edition
    roadpizza73 and gwhizkids like this.

Not if it's progress for the sake of progress.

Default DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

BTW it looks like 98.72.19 is being tested for bionic now. That may not be the build we end up with. Not really sure at this point. But hey, progress is good right?

Any sense of how the testing is actually going? What are the major hurdles?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    Any sense of how the testing is actually going? What are the major hurdles?
    Not sure. Testing on 17 looked OK to me but it's really hard to tell from what little I get to see. D4 is still testing 18. Razr isn't testing anything right now. They stopped testing 16 around the 11th. So I really don't have a good idea what's going on.

Moto X Developer Edition
    Ry and roadpizza73 like this.

Not sure. Testing on 17 looked OK to me but it's really hard to tell from what little I get to see. D4 is still testing 18. Razr isn't testing anything right now. They stopped testing 16 around the 11th. So I really don't have a good idea what's going on.

If razr isn't testing anything does that mean they're done, or just gave up?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast