Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree829Likes

Default Re: DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sadly.
    Wow, just wow...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sadly.
    Ya know, after some consideration and if this is really the reason, gotta give kudos to Moogle for pushing back against Big Red. I'm willing to wait longer if it means a chance at less bloat. It's pretty obvious Verizon doesn't listen to the near unanimous cry from its customers that don't want a bloat laden phone, so we could use a manufacturer or two in our corner for this.

Or am I reading too much into this?
    hilbili likes this.

You don't seem to get it. Moogle isn't able to push back. They don't like it, but, there's nothing they can do. Without VZW approval, the build ain't going out. So if VZW wants more crapware added, guess what, it's getting added.
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Nexus 6 - soon?

One can dream, though. Still, good to hear Moogle sides with us, even if it's a loosing argument. I'll keep my fantasies to myself then.

Default DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

What's going to happen here eventually is that Google (and Apple) are going to start their own wireless companies, using spectrum that may or may not now be available and disintermediate the current carriers. Though this very area is where Apple has excelled: they don't take this from carriers, mainly because of their hardware / software integration model. They exercise virtual monopoly power and the carriers are forced to accede to Apple's wishes. Google can't do that because it is not the party selling the equipment to the carriers.

Google is already working on it.
    Nexus 6 - soon?

Agree. X Phone is one big step. Google Fiber is another. Spectrum purchases are yet another. I think they have come to realize that an open, diverse OS is great - unless its fractured beyond repair.

If only there were any companies out there with currently unused 4G spectrum.....Hmmm.
    Nexus 6 - soon?

If only there were any companies out there with currently unused 4G spectrum.....Hmmm.
    Are we talking dish, or another?

Tom in Bristol likes this.

Over on Google+, Punit Soni has been participating in a discussion of the new Moto update page. He confirmed, in unequivocal terms, that the Bionic will get JB regardless of the support window expiring. He says he is not responsible for past mistakes but is committed to making things right. He got a little hot about some implications that the delays were really designed to push phone sales.

He's a good guy. He's been fighting for us behind the scenes more than people know. Those criticizing him on his G+ page don't have a clue what they're saying. Build 19 seems to be done testing. I don't know if that means it's ready and has been accepted, or if VZW said no and there'll be a new build.
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Ry and Lefty Drummer like this.

He's a good guy. He's been fighting for us behind the scenes more than people know. Those criticizing him on his G+ page don't have a clue what they're saying. Build 19 seems to be done testing. I don't know if that means it's ready and has been accepted, or if VZW said no and there'll be a new build.
    There is definitely more behind the scenes holding this whole process back. Both the razr and the droid 4, from the last you told us, have been done testing for a while. But they haven't been released yet, and if we are last in line then it's not like they've been waiting for the bionic build. I doubt they would release all three at the same time, but you never know. Do you think they will do their customary soak test, or just move to release?

I do know if they'll do a soak or not but I can't discuss it. I just don't know when things will start happening.
    Nexus 6 - soon?

I do know if they'll do a soak or not but I can't discuss it. I just don't know when things will start happening.
    Do you think they'll do all three at once, or split them up? If they're split up with a soak we're probably at least 6 weeks out, w/o soak at least 3.

I'm being told that soak emails for RAZR are going out as we speak. That should answer a few questions.
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by 3:
    Ry likes this.

RAZR has to be their first priority. Question is: will they do the soak like they did for ICS on the Bionic, where it was released very quickly after the soak began.

Very likely.
    Nexus 6 - soon?

I just received a soak test invite from Moto for the RAZR/RAZR Maxx XT912. I'm a former Bionic owner, and still keep up with this forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Ry likes this.

Yea, I suspect it'll push in the next couple days. Good news for OMAP4 phones.
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    xvsme likes this.

Samuri, I want you to know that your posts have taught me a lot over the past year. I have followed your advice to read and understand before rooting or flashing. Thank you! John

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Yaish, tribblon and pbsavages like this.

I'm glad I could be of help!
    Nexus 6 - soon?

So once Razr happens, there should be nothing structural in the way for Bionic, correct?

It's my opinion that all the builds are done. RAZR was completed on the 11th. D4 on the 18th. Bionic on the 22nd. This is just my opinion. I have no proof. If I'm right, this is what we'll see:

98.72.16 RAZR / MAXX soak this week
    98.72.18 D4 soak a week later
    98.72.19 Bionic soak in 3 or 4 weeks.

This is NOT fact. This is PURE speculation. I've always said I will tell you when I'm making a guess that COULD BE WRONG. This is one of those times.
    Nexus 6 - soon?
    Thanked by 3:
    Ry, debonu, roadpizza73 and 1 others like this.

Yay!!! At least we can see movement now.

It's my opinion that all the builds are done. RAZR was completed on the 11th. D4 on the 18th. Bionic on the 22nd. This is just my opinion. I have no proof. If I'm right, this is what we'll see:

98.72.16 RAZR / MAXX soak this week
    98.72.18 D4 soak a week later
    98.72.19 Bionic soak in 3 or 4 weeks.

This is NOT fact. This is PURE speculation. I've always said I will tell you when I'm making a guess that COULD BE WRONG. This is one of those times.
    This makes a lot of sense, actually. If the Bionic timing is correct, we will not see a general rollout during Q1, which would be consistent with the Moto Update page. Obviously, this is Samuri's best guess and may or may not be spot on, but here's hoping!
Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast